file Summon History searching Garou + Ankara + The Line

07 Jul 2021 17:47 - 07 Jul 2021 18:46 #102647 by Millicent
(DEEPL Translation)

I have a question regarding the final cost of this play. Which of the two options is correct?

When I play Summon History looking for a Garou, its cost is 5. So:

A) When I start to resolve the cost of the card I should use The Line to reduce the cost of an action by 1 and then apply the Ankara which says vampire pays only half blood rounding down. If this is so the SH-Garou would cost me 2 pool.

B) When I start to resolve the cost, the Ankara is applied, leaving the cost of the SH-Garou in 2 pool and then I apply the The Line to reduce 1 more point of blood. Finally the SH-Garou would cost me 1 pool.

Reading the text of the Ankara, my doubt is if Ankara modifies the cost of the card or only adds the effect of reducing the payment in blood. Which makes me think that The Line should be used first to reduce the cost and then apply the Ankara on the final cost, paying 2 for the Garou.

Thanks in advance !!

Name: Summon History
[HttB:R, Anthology:3]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: X blood
Discipline: Temporis
[tem] Search your library (shuffle afterward) and/or ash heap for an ally, retainer or equipment whose cost is X or less and put that card in play, on this vampire and with life equal to its starting life if applicable.
[TEM] Search your crypt (shuffle afterward) and/or ash heap for a non-scarce vampire with capacity X or less and put that vampire in play (with no blood).

Name: The Ankara Citadel, Turkey
[AH:U5, CE:U, KoT:U, 25th:1, Promo-20200511]
Cardtype: Equipment
Clan: Tremere
Cost: 2 blood
While in play, this equipment card represents a location and does not count as equipment. Unique.
Non-action modifier cards costing blood cost this vampire half as much blood to play, rounded down (multiplication and division are handled first, followed by addition and subtraction).

Name: The Line
[Anthology:LARP1]
Cardtype: Master
Unique location.
Lock to reduce the cost of an action card played by a vampire you control by 1 blood (this location is not locked if that card is canceled as it is played). Any vampire can steal this location as a (D) action.

Name: Renegade Garou
AKA: Renagade Garou
[Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, Anarchs:R2, KoT:R]
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Gangrel
Cost: 5 pool
Werewolf with 3 life. 2 strength, 0 bleed.
Renegade Garou gets an additional strike {(limited)} each round and an optional maneuver each combat. He may enter combat with a minion controlled by another Methuselah as a +1 stealth (D) action. If Renegade Garou has 2 or fewer life during your unlock phase, he gains 1 life from the blood bank.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2021 18:46 by Millicent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 20:12 - 07 Jul 2021 20:14 #102648 by Yomyael
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/vSOt2c1uRzQ/m/MsRAv47Cd4YJ

All cost-affecting cards operate no matter how the card is played ("as normal" or otherwise). All multiplication and division is handled first, followed by addition and subtraction.

So first the Ankara Citadel reduces the Blood Cost of Summon History by half, rounded down to 2, then The Line is applied.

Edit: this ruling isn't needed anymore, the current text of the Ankara Citadel states this explicitly.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 07 Jul 2021 20:14 by Yomyael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds