file Can i do a 3rd Villein in a vampire if i have only 1 pool remaining?

13 Jul 2021 21:51 - 13 Jul 2021 21:52 #102689 by William_Feitosa
Hello fellow Matusellahs,

There has been a question in our playgroup regarding Villein and i need a clarification on that, these are all hipotetical situations by the way.

Imagine i have ONLY 1 pool and a 1 vampire with 5 blood and 2 other villeins already on it. Can i play a 3rd Villein to move 5 blood from that vampire to my pool?

This question is regarding the variable cost of villein and the rule of no negative pool. 

I Personally think you can't but i need a ruling to be 100% sure.

Name: Villein
[KoT:U/A2/B2, HttB:PGar2/PKia2/PSal2/PSam2, SP:DoF3/PoS4, 25th:5, V5:PTo6]
Cardtype: Master
Trifle.
Put this card on a vampire you control who has any amount of blood and move 2 to 5 blood from that vampire to your pool. Cards named /Minion Tap/ costs you 1 additional pool to play. Villein costs 1 additional pool to play on this vampire.
Artist: Vince Locke
Last edit: 13 Jul 2021 21:52 by William_Feitosa. Reason: Formating

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2021 00:12 #102690 by kschaefer
You cannot play cards that you cannot pay the cost for. The cost of a third Villein on the same vampire is 2 pool. If you have less than 2 pool, you cannot play it.

More
14 Jul 2021 05:12 - 14 Jul 2021 05:13 #102692 by inm8
Similar question was discussed few days ago www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/79217-clarification-needed-on-eternals-of-sirius-rulings where you can find rulings linked.

Bottom line is that you need to be able to pay the cost of the card to be allowed to play it....if the vampire would have had only one Villein on him already instead of two the play would have been legit.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2021 05:13 by inm8. Reason: Spelling

More
14 Jul 2021 09:56 #102697 by Ankha

You cannot play cards that you cannot pay the cost for. The cost of a third Villein on the same vampire is 2 pool. If you have less than 2 pool, you cannot play it.

Correct.
If there had been only one Villein on the vampire, you could have played it (for 1 pool) and gain the 5 pool at the same time, leaving you alive at 5 pool (same ruling as Eternal of Sirius).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds