question-circle Anesthetic Touch, Taste of Vitae and Freak Drive

27 Aug 2021 11:58 #102978 by William_Feitosa
Hello fellow Mathuselah,

I have a few questions regarding forcefully endind a combat with Anesthetic Touch and its repercussions.

First the obvious: Can i play Taste of Vitae after using an Anesthetic Touch?

The situation is simple: My vampire A (that has OBE and FOR) tries to bleed my prey and is blocked by vampire B, the range is close, and i chose my Strike to be Anesthetic Touch as OBE.
So in this situation with the combat being forcefully ended, can i play an Taste of vitae?

And the second question regards if the forceful ending of a combat also forcefully ends the action, making me unable to use freak drive.

Same situation as before, but after the forceful ending. Can i untap using freak drive?

Thank you very much for using your time to enlighten this litle Fledgeling.

The cards:Name: Anesthetic Touch
[BL:C1, LoB:C]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Obeah/Auspex
Only usable at close range.
[aus] Strike: dodge.
[obe] Strike: hand strike. Combat ends immediately after the resolution of this strike.
[OBE] As [obe] above, with first strike.
Artist: Mark Nelson

Name: Freak Drive
[Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, CE:U/PV2, Anarchs:PG, LoB:PA2, Third:U, LotN:PR, KoT:PV3, HttB:PSam2, 25th:3, V5:PV6]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Fortitude
Only usable after action resolution.
[for] Only usable if the action was successful. Unlock this vampire.
[FOR] Only usable if the action was blocked. Unlock this vampire.
Artist: Daniel Gelon; Nilson; Ken Meyer, Jr.

Name: Taste of Vitae
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, SW:PB, CE:U/PB2/PN, BH:PN2, KMW:PAn2, LoB:PO2, Third:PB2, LotN:PG2, KoT:U/PB3/PT3, V5:PN4]
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable at the end of a round of combat. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor. A vampire can play only one Taste of Vitae each round.
This vampire gains blood equal to the amount of blood lost by the opposing vampire to damage this round.
Artist: Pete Venters; Brian LeBlanc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2021 12:34 - 27 Aug 2021 12:37 #102979 by inm8

Hello fellow Mathuselah,

I have a few questions regarding forcefully endind a combat with Anesthetic Touch and its repercussions.

First the obvious: Can i play Taste of Vitae after using an Anesthetic Touch?

The situation is simple: My vampire A (that has OBE and FOR) tries to bleed my prey and is blocked by vampire B, the range is close, and i chose my Strike to be Anesthetic Touch as OBE.
So in this situation with the combat being forcefully ended, can i play an Taste of vitae?

Yes you can play Taste of Vitae, the Combat End effect means you skip to the end of round step (combat step #7) of combat which is where ToV is played.

And the second question regards if the forceful ending of a combat also forcefully ends the action, making me unable to use freak drive.

Same situation as before, but after the forceful ending. Can i untap using freak drive?

Yes you can untap using Freak Drive at superior as the action was blocked. Once combat has ended the action has been resolved and that is the time window to play FD. The CE effect of Anesthetic Touch only affects the combat and not the action....but the fact you are playing it means you are in combat which in turn for your scenario means the action was blocked and therefore the acting minion is in combat which is the last part of the action resolution of a blocked action.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2021 12:37 by inm8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds