times Rulings Announcement Mailing List

11 Aug 2011 20:18 - 11 Feb 2013 12:09 #7942 by Adonai
Pascal,

Will you be continuing LSJ's ruling mailing list on Yahoo?

games.groups.yahoo.com/group/vtes-rules/

It hasn't had a new post in about a year, but still has 270+ interested parties...
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 12:09 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2011 21:05 #7945 by Pascal Bertrand
Sure, if something happens over there, I'll find a way to answer questions that might pop.
I probably need to create some Yahoo! account, but that should be easy - I hope.

More
12 Aug 2011 04:56 #7959 by KevinM

Sure, if something happens over there, I'll find a way to answer questions that might pop. I probably need to create some Yahoo! account, but that should be easy - I hope.

I think that you shouldn't, Pascal. We have a dead game and the last thing we need is to continue the fracturing of the player base.

With respect to the people on that list, there's absolutely zero reason that they cannot come here and read what's going on and post a question if they wish. This will do absolutely nothing except unify the player base and show them a single, working, reliable place to come to for all their VTES needs, and, in the future, a higher number of users here *may* be a factor in a company republishing VTES.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
12 Aug 2011 05:18 #7960 by Pascal Bertrand
As long as there are people playing this game, they might have rules questions. No doubt that, with no answer to their rules questions, they'll lose interest in the game.

We have a game that is almost dead, and the last thing we need is to lose what's left (players & motivation).

I don't guarantee a full-time presence over there.

On the other side, it would be a nice move to garner lost sheep wandering off the right and narrow, with a message such as Robert Goudie's.

More
12 Aug 2011 05:37 #7964 by salem
The VtES rulings Yahoo was read only. Lsj would post rulings there periodically that he had made on the newsgroup or while wolf forum or IRC. It was a good resource for those not too interested in the discussions, just the outcomes.

--
salem

More
12 Aug 2011 05:39 #7965 by Amenophobis
Inform those people that rules questions will be answered here, with the added benefit of cardlists, compiled rulings/erratas etc.

I'm here with Kevin, we need to get our players united in one place that is great. Which is VEKN.NET. :cheer:

The NG is in their dying stage right now, and BGG is ... ahem ... low traffic at best. :pinch:

VEKN.NET is the place where VTES lives.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds