times Rulings Announcement Mailing List

12 Aug 2011 05:54 #7966 by Pascal Bertrand
I'll post Robert's messages in the Yahoo! groups once my account is properly created / set (how can sending a verification email take more than 10 min?).

Of course, it will contain a link to vekn.net (I don't expect people to guess the url). And explicit wording that this is the only official VTES place.

Has anyone ever posted a rule question over there?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2011 11:11 #7981 by Adonai

Has anyone ever posted a rule question over there?

No.

It is not a place for questions.

It is a collection of only answers to questions.

Thus the name, 'Rulings Announcement'.

If you aren't archiving 'new' questions/rules in 1 specific place, then perhaps you should. That current location would be a good place, as it already has Scott's list of new rulings as they were made.

More
12 Aug 2011 11:34 #7983 by Pascal Bertrand
Fair enough.
It will require some modifications (since messages here use bbcode tags rather than ">" for quotes), but I think I can handle it.

It will have to part "cardtext" answers from tricky stuff, though. If you think something is not-so-intuitive, let me know.

More
12 Aug 2011 13:32 #7991 by KevinM

It will have to part "cardtext" answers from tricky stuff, though. If you think something is not-so-intuitive, let me know.

I think that you should post a message, once a month, perhaps on the 1st Monday of each month, to this forum, with the title "New and/or Updated Rulings". That way, you don't have to do anything on the Yahoo list, if Jeff can help out by notifying the list that it's now dead and people should pay attention to this forum instead.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
13 Aug 2011 00:36 #8032 by salem
Kevin's idea sounds like a reasonable compromise. Make all those monthly rules posts posts in the same thread, and people can just subscribe to that thread (if they can get over the hurdle of signing up here), and receive rulings updates just as if it was a read-only mailing list. Not everyone likes having to go pull information, some people like it to be pushed. And some people might like emails because they shouldn't be on gaming websites at work or whatever.

--
salem

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds