file Nar-Sheptha

21 Oct 2021 20:33 #103625 by inm8
Nar-Sheptha was created by inm8
A few questions regarding Nar-Sheptha:

1) Vampire V1 (Banu Haqim) with Nar-Sheptha enters combat with Vampire V2, V2 makes the combat go-to long-range and strikes to kill Nar-Sheptha. What happens when Nar-Sheptha is burned? Discard 2 cards and V1 becomes acting immediately ....i.e V1 has to play additional strikes alt press first ?

2) Does the special ability/effect provided by retainers stop immediately at the moment they are burned?

3) V2 plays Deep Song and rushes V1 (Banu Haqim) with Nar-Sheptha, who is acting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2021 09:22 - 22 Oct 2021 09:23 #103633 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Nar-Sheptha
The first two questions Im pretty sure about, but the third I would wait Ankhas interpretation..

1. Yes. The effects are immediate. However, as far as I can see, all damaging retainers deal their damage during normal strike resolution; ie. simultaneously with normal strikes which you would use to burn the retainer.

2. Yes.

3. I believe that since Deep song is played later, it determines who is acting if it resolves successfully (if it is not blocked). So Nar-sheptha owner.
But I would wait Ankhas ruling on this one.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 22 Oct 2021 09:23 by Bloodartist.

More
22 Oct 2021 09:42 #103636 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Nar-Sheptha

A few questions regarding Nar-Sheptha:

1) Vampire V1 (Banu Haqim) with Nar-Sheptha enters combat with Vampire V2, V2 makes the combat go-to long-range and strikes to kill Nar-Sheptha. What happens when Nar-Sheptha is burned? Discard 2 cards and V1 becomes acting immediately ....i.e V1 has to play additional strikes alt press first ?

Nar-Sheptha is burned as part of the strike resolution. The effects of Nar-Sheptha are no longer active after the strike resolution (their controller discards down to their handsize and the opposing minion is now longer considered the acting minion).

2) Does the special ability/effect provided by retainers stop immediately at the moment they are burned?

Yes if their effect is continuous.

3) V2 plays Deep Song and rushes V1 (Banu Haqim) with Nar-Sheptha, who is acting?

The latest effect to apply "wins". So Nar-Sheptha's effect overrides Deep Song's effect: V2 is considered to be the acting minion.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
22 Oct 2021 09:45 #103637 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Nar-Sheptha

3. I believe that since Deep song is played later, it determines who is acting if it resolves successfully (if it is not blocked). So Nar-sheptha owner.
But I would wait Ankhas ruling on this one.

Nar-Sheptha's effect triggers "while in combat", so it applies after Deep Song's effect (since there is no combat if Deep Song has not resolved yet).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
22 Oct 2021 10:42 #103639 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Nar-Sheptha
I would have thought that the Deep Song being played first would be the one getting to dictate who is acting and wouldn´t be overruled by a later effect, similar to the setting of range effects which when one sets the range doesn´t allow further manipulation of the range to be done....basically, only one effect is allowed to dictate the state of things overruling the rules default and thereby preventing further manipulation of that state. I was wrong I guess :blink:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds