file Sarrasin corruption and effect triggers

05 Nov 2021 00:48 #103789 by Night
Hi there!

So I've got a question regarding Sarrasin in it's merged advanced special effect "If Sarrasine is ready during your unlock phase, you can put 1 corruption counter on a minion controlled by your prey."

I've always been playing corruption counters thinking " once I have enough corruption counters on a minion, I take control of it. Like in "Corruption" states "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion.", but in the meantime I can use that corruption counters for other purposes like avoid some vamps to cast votes, get a sweet +3 bleed with Revelation of Desire, Making Nak unblockable etc.

But thinking that always as general rule no mater when and from what card the corruption counter comes, "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion."

However it's true that neither Sarrasin special or Velvet Tongue or Revelation of wrath (and I guess that there must me an other card is the same case) states this (preaty long to fit in a card) sentence "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion." Whereas it does in Corruption, Venenation, Cave of Apple, Revelation of Ecstasy (and a guess also other cards that will do so too) So perhaps I've been wrong all this time?

So, to trigger the effect "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion.", do I have to use a card that states this or is it a general rule of how corruption works.

Can Sarrasin take control with his "Card Special Text" if he puts the last Corruption counter needed to equal the opposing players minion? Or must he use a card that specifies that "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion."?

Thank you for your time :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2021 06:58 #103791 by Ankha

Hi there!

So I've got a question regarding Sarrasin in it's merged advanced special effect "If Sarrasine is ready during your unlock phase, you can put 1 corruption counter on a minion controlled by your prey."

I've always been playing corruption counters thinking " once I have enough corruption counters on a minion, I take control of it.

It doesn't work like that. You need a card that says so to make it happen.

Like in "Corruption" states "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion."

Yes, that is an explicit effect of the Corruption card.

, but in the meantime I can use that corruption counters for other purposes like avoid some vamps to cast votes, get a sweet +3 bleed with Revelation of Desire, Making Nak unblockable etc.

Yes, those are explicit effects of those cards.

But thinking that always as general rule no mater when and from what card the corruption counter comes, "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion."

However it's true that neither Sarrasin special or Velvet Tongue or Revelation of wrath (and I guess that there must me an other card is the same case) states this (preaty long to fit in a card) sentence "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion." Whereas it does in Corruption, Venenation, Cave of Apple, Revelation of Ecstasy (and a guess also other cards that will do so too) So perhaps I've been wrong all this time?

Exactly, probably because the first card to use corruption counters was Corruption.

So, to trigger the effect "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion.", do I have to use a card that states this

Yes.

or is it a general rule of how corruption works.

No. Corruption counters have no rules associated to them.

Can Sarrasin take control with his "Card Special Text" if he puts the last Corruption counter needed to equal the opposing players minion? Or must he use a card that specifies that "If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds their capacity or cost, you can burn those counters to steal the target minion."?

See above.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds