file Again... Flesh of Marble effect + Bear Skin

19 Nov 2021 14:06 #103935 by Heinrik73
Ok! I have a problem about this combo card pre range at SUP . I'm in combat and pre range i play these 2 cards. My strike is 2HS (one from str and 1 from bear skin effect) opposite vampire strike for 1 HS. No more cards are played. DO I take one dmg or not from opposing minion HS? Can I prevent the only dmg from BEAR SKIN card not triggering FoM effect?.
Thank you very much for answers.
I'm very confused about the FoM effect...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2021 14:58 #103936 by Yomyael
In general it is a good idea to always include cardtexts in rules questions. That way, people who could answer you don't have to take the time to find the texts themselves.

Flesh of Marble says "For the duration of the combat, when this vampire suffers a point of damage (that he or she does not prevent) in a given round, any additional damage inflicted on this vampire in the same round is automatically prevented."

So if you take damage, a prevention window opens where you can use prevention effects like Bear Skin. After this prevention window, if there is damage yet to be prevented, you take 1 and the rest gets prevented by Flesh of Marble. Any damage you take in the future of that round gets prevented as well. So in the case of taking the 1 damage from the Hand Strike, you have to decide first if you want to use your prevention from Bear Skin, and only if you choose not to you will take one damage and Flesh of Marble prevents all future damage.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: inm8

More
19 Nov 2021 15:05 - 19 Nov 2021 15:07 #103937 by inm8
The Bear's Skin is what you would be using to prevent the 1 hand strike damage.

Flesh of Marble only affects unprevented damage because of card text "when this vampire suffers a point of damage (that he or she does not prevent)" and reduces it to a minimum of 1 where you get to choose which 1 damage it is that you will have to take (if there was more than 1 damage and a combination of normal and aggravated).

Bear's Skin

Flesh of Marble
Last edit: 19 Nov 2021 15:07 by inm8.

More
19 Nov 2021 17:24 - 19 Nov 2021 17:28 #103938 by Bloodartist
Short answer: you can choose whether to take 1 damage or to prevent it with other cards such as bears skin.

Flesh of marble only functions if you take that 1 damage from any source, in which case further damage is prevented. You can never use flesh of marble to prevent damage unless you have taken that 1 damage, so forget any shenanigans with prevention cards. But nothing prevents you from using other damage prevention cards in the same combat.

A classic combo is using zip gun (which does 1 damage on both combatants) with flesh of marble. Since its your zip gun you can be sure its never aggravated so you can take the 1 damage from zip gun and everything else is prevented by flesh of marble.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 19 Nov 2021 17:28 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds