exclamation-circle Addition Strikes

24 Nov 2021 19:03 #103979 by Comittioner
Addition Strikes was created by Comittioner
Can I play At Quickness AFTER playing a limited addition strike like with Dust Up or Blur?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2021 20:02 #103980 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Addition Strikes

Can I play At Quickness AFTER playing a limited addition strike like with Dust Up or Blur?

Yes, you can play it before or after if played at superior, the order doesn't matter. Nothing in the rules refers to any order having to be maintained....only that the limit of one can´t be exceeded which gets overrule by the card text and that because of "The Golden Rule for Cards" which is in the rulebook. There is also an old ruling supporting the same [LSJ 20001206]

Rulebook:
A minion cannot use more than one card or effect to gain additional strikes per round of combat. This rule is reminded on those cards by the “(limited)” card text.

The Golden Rule for Cards: Whenever the cards contradict the rules, the cards take precedence.

Quickness
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Celerity
:cel: Additional strike {(limited)}.
:CEL: {Additional strike that does not count against the limit.} A vampire may only play one Quickness each round.

emphasising above by me

More
24 Nov 2021 21:56 #103982 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Addition Strikes

Yes, you can play it before or after if played at superior, the order doesn't matter. Nothing in the rules refers to any order having to be maintained....only that the limit of one can´t be exceeded which gets overrule by the card text and that because of "The Golden Rule for Cards" which is in the rulebook.

Correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds