file Vidal Jarbeaux

28 Nov 2021 03:53 #104030 by Nac
Vidal Jarbeaux was created by Nac
Hi

I have a coulple of cornercase Vidal Jabreaux questions:

A) Let' say a 11-cap Vidal plays Call the Great Beast, what does it happen? Is he burned and the great beast happens? is he not burned and the great beast happens? Does it fizzle? (As far as I recall, Call the Great Beast goes off/triggers after action resolves so Vidal is no longer a "Baali")

B) Vidal Jabreaux tries to activate a Vast Wealth and first thing on deck, it has a requeriment. Can Vidal count as having it even if the card is not played as usual?

C) Vidal Jabreaux tries to use Disguised Weapon or Concealed Weapon to put in play something with requeriment: Can he? as far as I know, you are not technically playing those cards, as in "you can't cancel them, you can only cancel that Concealed/Disguised"

Many thanks in advance

-
texts:

Vidal Jabreaux
Camarilla: Vidal can meet the clan, sect, or non-infernal vampire trait (e.g., Black Hand) requirement to play any card. He can meet a given requirement only once each game. +1 bleed.

Call the great Beast
+1 stealth action.Put this card on the acting Baali and put X ritual counters on it, where X is the capacity of this Baali. This Baali may put a ritual counter on this card as a +1 stealth action. When this card has more than 10 ritual counters, burn this Baali and choose three Disciplines. This card becomes a unique clanless independent infernal vampire with 9 capacity, 4 strength and 3 bleed. The Great Beast has the chosen three Disciplines at superior. Move 9 blood to him from the blood bank. The Great Beast can enter combat with any ready minion controlled by another Methuselah as a action and can prevent 1 damage each combat.

Vast Wealth
Put this card on a ready minion you control. If you control this minion, they can equip with the first equipment you find in your library as a +1 stealth action (working down from the top; requirements and cost apply as normal; shuffle afterward).

Disguised Weapon
Only usable before range is chosen if you have a weapon card in your hand.
Equip this vampire with that weapon (and pay cost to equip as normal).
As above, but usable when choosing a strike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2021 09:21 #104034 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Vidal Jarbeaux

Hi

I have a coulple of cornercase Vidal Jabreaux questions:

A) Let' say a 11-cap Vidal plays Call the Great Beast, what does it happen? Is he burned and the great beast happens? is he not burned and the great beast happens? Does it fizzle? (As far as I recall, Call the Great Beast goes off/triggers after action resolves so Vidal is no longer a "Baali")

Same thing as with Mata Hari: www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76853-mata-hari-call-the-great-beast#89244

B) Vidal Jabreaux tries to activate a Vast Wealth and first thing on deck, it has a requeriment. Can Vidal count as having it even if the card is not played as usual?

Vidal can meet the requirement to "play" cards. Equipment found with Vast Wealth is not "played".

C) Vidal Jabreaux tries to use Disguised Weapon or Concealed Weapon to put in play something with requeriment: Can he? as far as I know, you are not technically playing those cards, as in "you can't cancel them, you can only cancel that Concealed/Disguised"

He can't (same reason).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds