file Kindred Segregation/Orgy of Blood and Emerald Legionnaire

27 Dec 2021 12:33 #104292 by Krusti
Does Kindred Segregation make a distinction between recruited Emerald Legionnaires and Legionnaires moved to the ready region from the ash heap, allowing the Methuselah controlling the Legionnaires moved to the ready region to keep them in play without paying pool?

What happens if a vampire burns an Emerald Legionnaire moved to the ready region from the ash heap and plays Orgy of Blood? Do those player's vampires get zero blood?

Both questions have to do with the recruitment cost of Emerald Legionnaires. Reviewing old posts, I realized that there is a distinction between "cost" and "recruitment cost". That distinction seems only relevant in the case of Imbued, whose cost is their capacity and their recruitment cost is zero. For all other allies, "cost" is equal to "recruitment cost", although they are different concepts. So my question could be summarized in: Do Emerald Legionnaires moved to the ready region from the ash heap have a "cost" of 1 and a "recruitment cost" of zero, or both costs are the same?

Name: Kindred Segregation
[Jyhad:V, VTES:V, CE:PTo, Third:U]
Cardtype: Political Action
Successful referendum means that all allies are burned. Any Methuselah can keep an ally or allies he or she controls by repaying their pool cost to recruit.
Artist: Nilson; Né Né Thomas

Name: Orgy of Blood
[Sabbat:R, SW:R]
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable when a minion you control burns an ally controlled by another Methuselah.
Each of your vampires gains X blood from the blood bank, where X is the recruitment cost of the ally. (Remove excess blood.)
Artist: Harold Arthur McNeill

Name: Emerald Legionnaire
[LK:4]
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Harbinger of Skulls
Cost: 1 pool
Wraith with 2 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed.
During your unlock phase, you can remove 7 cards in your ash heap from the game to move an Emerald Legionnaire from your ash heap to the ready region with 2 life.
Artist: Javier Santos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2021 14:15 #104294 by Ankha

Does Kindred Segregation make a distinction between recruited Emerald Legionnaires and Legionnaires moved to the ready region from the ash heap, allowing the Methuselah controlling the Legionnaires moved to the ready region to keep them in play without paying pool?

No. Nor allies put in play through non-recruit actions (e.g., Summon History)

What happens if a vampire burns an Emerald Legionnaire moved to the ready region from the ash heap and plays Orgy of Blood? Do those player's vampires get zero blood?

Their cost to recruit is 1 pool, no matter how that cost was paid (or if it wasn't)

Both questions have to do with the recruitment cost of Emerald Legionnaires. Reviewing old posts, I realized that there is a distinction between "cost" and "recruitment cost". That distinction seems only relevant in the case of Imbued, whose cost is their capacity and their recruitment cost is zero. For all other allies, "cost" is equal to "recruitment cost", although they are different concepts. So my question could be summarized in: Do Emerald Legionnaires moved to the ready region from the ash heap have a "cost" of 1 and a "recruitment cost" of zero, or both costs are the same?

All allies except Imbued have a cost to recruit equal to the printed value in the lower-left corner.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
27 Dec 2021 15:46 - 27 Dec 2021 15:47 #104296 by Krusti
Thanks a lot for the quick answers, used to misinterpret this because I truly believed to have read that recruitment costs could be "changed" by some game effects, but they can't.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2021 15:47 by Krusti.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds