file Walk of Caine cost

29 Apr 2022 09:03 - 29 Apr 2022 09:05 #105109 by Raven
Walk of Caine cost was created by Raven
Hello,

Walk of Caine

Choose X ready Blood Brothers you control who belong to the same circle as this acting vampire (including this acting vampire). Each chosen vampire must burn a blood, or this card has no effect.

g Only usable as a bleed action is announced. Choose X ready Blood Brothers you control of the same circle as this Blood Brother, including this Blood Brother. Each chosen Blood Brother burns 1 blood to give this Blood Brother +X bleed (limited).

G As g above, but usable any time before the action is resolved.

In order to play this card I must choose X vampires and burn 1 blood from each of them to get any effect (bold text).

Then I choose (for example) inferior effect. Must I again choose X vampires and again burn 1 blood from each of them or this cost is already satisfied during resolve of bold text?
Last edit: 29 Apr 2022 09:05 by Raven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2022 09:39 #105110 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Walk of Caine cost

Hello,

Walk of Caine

Choose X ready Blood Brothers you control who belong to the same circle as this acting vampire (including this acting vampire). Each chosen vampire must burn a blood, or this card has no effect.

g Only usable as a bleed action is announced. Choose X ready Blood Brothers you control of the same circle as this Blood Brother, including this Blood Brother. Each chosen Blood Brother burns 1 blood to give this Blood Brother +X bleed (limited).

G As g above, but usable any time before the action is resolved.

In order to play this card I must choose X vampires and burn 1 blood from each of them to get any effect (bold text).

Then I choose (for example) inferior effect. Must I again choose X vampires and again burn 1 blood from each of them or this cost is already satisfied during resolve of bold text?

Blood must be burned only once.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
29 Apr 2022 18:10 - 30 Apr 2022 05:31 #105115 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Walk of Caine cost
Does the card really need to be written like it is?
Why does the "Choose X..." need to be there twice?

Would the below not work exactly the same but without causing confusion?
(removed the second "Choose X ready Blood Brothers you control of the same circle as this Blood Brother, including this Blood Brother. Each chosen Blood Brother burns 1 blood to give this Blood Brother")

Name: Walk of Caine
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Sanguinus
:san: {Only usable as a bleed action is announced. +X bleed (limited).}
:SAN: As :san: above, but usable any time before the action is resolved.

Walk of Caine
Last edit: 30 Apr 2022 05:31 by inm8.

More
29 Apr 2022 18:12 #105116 by KoRneeshon
Replied by KoRneeshon on topic Walk of Caine cost
I agree the cardtext is confusing or even straightforward wrong. Bold part should be removed, and "obligatory blood burn or no effect" part should be moved to inferior version.

More
30 Apr 2022 05:35 #105119 by inm8
Even better

Name: Walk of Caine
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Sanguinus
:san: {Only usable as a bleed action is announced. Choose X ready Blood Brothers you control of the same circle as this Blood Brother, including this Blood Brother. Each chosen Blood Brother burns 1 blood, or this card has no effect, to give this Blood Brother +X bleed (limited).}
:SAN: As :san: above, but usable any time before the action is resolved.

More
30 Apr 2022 07:01 #105120 by inm8
Looks like someone fumbled the ball when rewording the card to its current text…below is what it used to be when last printed which isn’t ambiguous at all.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds