file Daemonic Posessions new wording makes no sense.

09 Jun 2022 21:10 - 09 Jun 2022 21:11 #105430 by Hobbesgoblin
I have no other words of puting this, and am not even sure if this is the right forum, feel free to moce of this belongs somewhere else.

Daemonic Posessions current and new wording makes no sense and should be changed.

Old:

new:

the old wording is very clear of how it works.
The new wording says "Choose a minion controlled by another Methuselah who has been burned since your last turn."
But per the rules, no such minion can exist in the ash heap, since all minions in the ash heap are always uncontrolled, since the ash heap is not part of the controlled region.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2022 21:11 by Hobbesgoblin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardyrange, Charles_Bronson, Bloodartist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2022 02:37 #105431 by mjvtes521
Good point. Quick fix could just be, “Choose a minion in another Methusaleh’s ash heap that has been burned since your last turn…..”
The following user(s) said Thank You: inm8, Bloodartist

More
10 Jun 2022 15:29 #105435 by Yomyael
The quick fix would incurr a small functional change: per the old wording (which probably reflects the intention of the card as opposed to the new wording) it would be possible to move a minion from your ash heap to the ready region, if that minion was controlled by another methuselah when it burned.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
10 Jun 2022 22:28 #105436 by ReverendRevolver

The quick fix would incurr a small functional change: per the old wording (which probably reflects the intention of the card as opposed to the new wording) it would be possible to move a minion from your ash heap to the ready region, if that minion was controlled by another methuselah when it burned.

Maybe, but how often does someone spirit marionette you with DtD when you're running Daemonic Possession?

I don't like the new wording, but questions like this make me think we should keep a panel of new players on standby to see how they interpret new wording. If a new player doesn't "get it" its probably not worded in a way that warranted the change.

More
11 Jun 2022 07:35 #105439 by Joscha

I don't like the new wording, but questions like this make me think we should keep a panel of new players on standby to see how they interpret new wording. If a new player doesn't "get it" its probably not worded in a way that warranted the change.

Good idea, but remember to refresh that player panel after some specific time because said players get old. ;) Reminds me of bananas.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
14 Jun 2022 09:45 #105471 by elotar
LOL

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds