file Following-up about card that are removed from the game as they are played

05 Aug 2022 09:16 #105887 by Rémi
Dear all,

I have a couple of questions about card that are removed from the game during their resolution.
Those question are following that thread: www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/79939-attachable-modifiers-reactions-being-removed-prior-to-attachment

1/ Is it possible to play Direct Intervention on The Art of Memory since it's removed from the game as it is played?
2/ I am not sure. Can I use any effects to continue the action if it has been blocked while my acting minion was attempted to call Reinforcement? For instance, using Superior Form of Mist or Daimonion Psychomachia.
I am not sure how to understand that ruling: groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/jzMOxZ9oxOs/m/o0X7GUFmii0J

Card Text:
Name: The Art of Memory
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Requires a Black Hand vampire. Only usable when the action is announced.
Remove this card from the game when it is played. If the action is successful, move one card played by this vampire during this action from your ash heap to your hand. Discard down to your hand size.

Name: Direct Intervention
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Out-of-turn.
Cancel a minion card as it is played, and its cost is not paid. (If it was an action card, the acting minion does not lock. If it was a strike card, the minion chooses another strike.)

Name: Reinforcements
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a titled vampire.
Choose one or more Methuselahs. Successful referendum means each chosen Methuselah selects up to 3 library cards from his or her ash heap and shuffles them into his or her library. Remove this card from the game, even if the action is canceled or blocked or the referendum fails.

Name: Form of Mist
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Protean
[PRO] Strike: combat ends. If this vampire is acting and the action was blocked, they can burn 1 blood after combat ends to continue the action with +1 stealth as if unblocked, even if stealth is not yet needed. A vampire can play only one Form of Mist at superior each action.

Name: Psychomachia
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Daimoinon/Presence
Only usable when an ally or younger vampire successfully blocks before locking the blocker.
[dai] The block fails, and the action continues. The blocking minion cannot attempt to block this action again.
[DAI] As [dai] above, and the blocking minion takes 1 damage (damage not preventable).

Thanks in advance,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2022 14:38 #105888 by Legion
1) Yes. Per ruling:
Cards and effects that are played "as the card is played" must be played before it. Wake effects can be played before it. [ANK 20181208]
2) I'm not sure about form of mist, but you can continue action with Psychomachia. The minion successfully blocks, but action wasn't blocked, as a block never successfully reach resolution.

More
05 Aug 2022 15:58 #105889 by kschaefer
2) As soon as the action is blocked the Reinforcements is removed from the game. There is no action to continue because there is no action card to retrieve from the ash heap to continue the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi, lip

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds