file Burning a contested Fee Stake Barony

11 Aug 2022 02:12 #105936 by kschaefer
This actually came up in our game tonight. We have two vampires, who have played Fee Stake: Perth, and are now contesting the title. Can you take the action to burn Fee Stake: Perth, the action provided by the card.

I ruled that the vote could be called because contesting the title does not put Fee Stake: Perth out of play and the action on Fee Stake: Perth is "Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action." Since the card is still in play, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to burn it.

Name: Fee Stake: Perth
Warning: Spoiler!

ADVANCED RULES
Contested Titles
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2022 05:41 #105937 by inm8

Can you take the action to burn Fee Stake: Perth, the action provided by the card.

No, it is a title card. It is out of play while the title is contested. [LSJ 20070808] is applicable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, lip

More
11 Aug 2022 19:23 #105943 by kschaefer
Thanks for finding that. I was unable to find anything relevant. However, that feels like a ruling that should move into the rulebook.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
12 Aug 2022 00:49 #105944 by ruiza97
Contested cards are considered not in play. Not sure what more can be said or written.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
12 Aug 2022 02:09 #105945 by kschaefer
You don't flip over a vampire for contesting an inherent title. Why is it obvious you would flip over a non-unique card representing the title?

More
12 Aug 2022 06:05 #105947 by inm8
I agree that it is not obvious.

With that said the important part here is not that is a title contest but that it is a title provided by the card itself which is what make it go out of play if that title is contested.

*highlight by me

Fee Stake: Perth
Cardtype: Action
Requires a ready anarch with capacity above 4. +1 stealth action. Title.
Put this card on the acting anarch to represent the unique anarch title of Baron of Perth. This may lead to a contested title. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action. In that referendum, non-anarch titles are worth 1 fewer votes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds