file Additional strike and sequencing

19 Aug 2022 09:06 #106048 by thelonius reloaded
I know it could seem an odd question but...

Additional Strikes: Some cards and effects allow a minion to make additional strikes during the current round of combat. Additional strikes are announced and performed only after the first pair of strikes is completed. The acting minion decides whether or not to gain additional strikes before the opposing minion, as usual.

Acting minion choose not to play additionals
Defending minion plays additional(s)

Now the acting minion can play additional or not?

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2022 07:23 #106056 by Ankha

Acting minion choose not to play additionals
Defending minion plays additional(s)

Now the acting minion can play additional or not?

The acting can since they gain the impulse back.
(if "play additional(s)" means "use a source of additional strike(s)" such as Blur or Jacko's special)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Sep 2022 09:37 #106255 by mondragon
One question I have and I don't know if it's ruled is if all the additional strikes have to be declared together, or if new ones can be declared after resolving the additionals; Example:

Initial strikes are resolved, and a blur is played, with a quickness in hand. Do you have to play the quickness along with the blur, or can you play it after resolving the blur strikes? Can it be played at any of the two moments (both together with the blur and after?)

More
03 Sep 2022 10:00 #106256 by inm8

One question I have and I don't know if it's ruled is if all the additional strikes have to be declared together, or if new ones can be declared after resolving the additionals; Example:

Initial strikes are resolved, and a blur is played, with a quickness in hand. Do you have to play the quickness along with the blur, or can you play it after resolving the blur strikes? Can it be played at any of the two moments (both together with the blur and after?)

You cannot play effects for additional strikes while having unresolved pending strikes to resolve…note that if an effect to gain additional strikes is played those strikes must be performed/resolved ie they are not optional after that they are gained.

In the given scenario above you have to resolve all the additional strikes from Blur and after the last one you can play Quickness to further gain additional strikes (that do not count towards the limit).

Blur

Quickness

More
06 Sep 2022 07:45 - 06 Sep 2022 07:47 #106272 by Bloodartist
Wait.

So the additional strikes don't resolve all at the same time? Firstly this isn't how I thought it was, and if it is true, then the rulebook could be MUCH clearer on the matter.

Additional strikes are handled by having another
choose strike step and resolve strike step in
which only the minions with additional strikes
may play strike cards. All additional strikes
take place at the same range. This is repeated
as necessary.

The last line "repeated as necessary" I dont get. What is repeated as necessary? Does this mean the whole new strike step for additionals is repeated as necessary or that you play new cards for additional within the same strike step, and these additionals dont resolve at the same time? You can see whether one set of strikes torpors the opponent before adding as many hell-for-leathers as necessary or something?

I thought you had to play all cards granting additionals together, and they would resolve at the same time, and that there was only one additional strike step no matter how many additionals you played?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 06 Sep 2022 07:47 by Bloodartist.

More
06 Sep 2022 09:34 #106276 by inm8
I asked for official answers a while back for most things regarding additional strikes and I think you can find answers to most questions there

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/79477-additional-strikes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds