file Same action and equipment in play

17 Sep 2022 23:23 #106360 by EtRiuS
Let's say I control Reg Discroll, a bunch of 1-caps and a Talbot's Chainsaw. I would like to equip the chainsaw multiple times with Reg (using Hag's Wrinckles to unlock him) in a single turn so he can move it to unlocked weenies who will attempt Talbot's enter combat action.

Is it considered "same action" for a minion to equip with the same equipment in play more than once in the same turn? Is it allowed according to the No Repeat Action rule?

The doubt is whether the action would be a cardless action provided by the rulebook (Just "equipping", as there is no action card played from you hand), or whether this action is specifically considered to be "Equipping with the Talbot's Chainsaw".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2022 10:23 - 18 Sep 2022 10:27 #106361 by KoRneeshon

The doubt is whether the action would be a cardless action provided by the rulebook (Just "equipping", as there is no action card played from you hand), or whether this action is specifically considered to be "Equipping with the Talbot's Chainsaw".

It is not a cardless action - you are using action provided by the equipment card to equip with it. And it falls under NRA, so no, you cannot do it multiple times with the same minion.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2022 10:27 by KoRneeshon.

More
18 Sep 2022 12:16 #106362 by EtRiuS
What about equipping different combinations of equipment in play? Are "equipping the chainsaw" or "equipping the chainsaw and a leather jacket" considered the same action?

More
18 Sep 2022 16:07 #106363 by Ankha

You have to announce the target when announcing the action, so the action is "equipping with X's Talbot Chainsaw".

It is not a cardless action - you are using action provided by the equipment card to equip with it. And it falls under NRA, so no, you cannot do it multiple times with the same minion.

Wrong, it's an action allowed by the rulebook which targets the Talbot Chainsaw. It is not subject to the NRA, just like "rescuing Koko from torpor" (a rulebook action that target a vampire card).

An action provided by the equipment card would be an action written on that card such as "Any vampire can steal this equipment as a (D) action."

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael

More
18 Sep 2022 17:49 #106365 by Cailean
Hi, when I like the answer, because it makes possible a friend's deck, I want to add two points.

Equip actions doesn't appear to have a target. From the rulebook:

Equip

◼ Default target: None. Undirected action.

If the equip action, when is to take an equipment card from one of your minions has a target (or targets if it's to take more than one equipment), but becomes undirected because is your own minion, that is better to be explained in the Default target line above. Or even differentiate more the two basic kinds of equip actions, each one with his own explanation, instead of mixing two kind of actions in one explanations just because both are equip actions.

And now the "NRA in play" paragraph; name is mine. That paragraph needs an acclaration. Actual text:
A minion cannot perform each action via the same card in play (including from the minion’s own card text) more than once each turn, even if they unlock.

With that text, even attempting to do the diablerie action against the same torporized vampire more than once time in the same turn by the same acting vampire seems restricted, because the torporized vampire it's a card in play whose state makes that diablerie action possible (that comply "via the same card in play" clause). I know it's not the intention, I'm arguing in favor of changing the "NRA in play" paragraph.

Suggested text:
A minion cannot perform each action via the *text of the* same card in play (including from the minion’s own card text) more than once each turn, even if they unlock.

Or, even better, at least for non-native english readers:
A minion cannot perform the same action granted by the text of the same card in play (including from the minion’s own card text) more than once each turn. Note that cards with the same name are still different cards.

Reasoning behind this changes: <, even if they unlock> is completely unnecessary, aclaration about same name cards and some simplification of the grammar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds