file Eluding the Arms of Morpheus

22 Sep 2022 09:05 - 22 Sep 2022 09:18 #106394 by Coyote
Name: Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
[LotN:C/PG2/PS2, KoT:C]
Cardtype: Reaction
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable by a locked vampire.
This vampire unlocks and attempts to block.
Artist: Brian LeBlanc

Can I use it to unlock, even the vampire can't block a priori? Like on an indirect action on a non predator neither prey phase. So you can use cards like Eagle's Sight, for example.

In case of yes, can you play it even if you don't have cards like Eagle's Sight that could allow you to attempt to block?

Name: Eagle's Sight
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, BH:PM3, LoB:PO2, Third:PTz2, KoT:U/PT3, SP:PwN2]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex
[aus] +1 intercept.
[AUS] This vampire attempts to block the current action, ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions.
Artist: Larry MacDougall; Chris Stevens

Also, after I use it, I am obliged to use intercept cards I have in hand to block, or can I deny blocking and just remain unlocked?

Thanks
Last edit: 22 Sep 2022 09:18 by Coyote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2022 10:17 - 22 Sep 2022 10:20 #106395 by Bloodartist
No. You cannot use "unlocks and attempts to block"-cards if you do not have blocking rights. You would have to play eagle's sight before playing arms of morpheus in this case. But of course reactions are playable only if you are unlocked or have played a wake card.

As a rule of thumb in vtes: You cannot attempt that which you cannot do.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 22 Sep 2022 10:20 by Bloodartist.

More
24 Sep 2022 11:11 #106414 by Yomyael
Regarding the last question: You have to attempt to block. If you do not have enough intercept to block succesfully, you don't have to play intercept. If your current intercept is enough and the acting minion does not play additional stealth however, the attempt is succesfull. You cannot decline to block at that point.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
28 Sep 2022 06:45 - 28 Sep 2022 06:46 #106441 by Bloodartist

Also, after I use it, I am obliged to use intercept cards I have in hand to block, or can I deny blocking and just remain unlocked?

You are forced to attempt to block, but you are under no obligation to play intercept cards. I also use this method to unlock during other players turns and then play enkil cog action.

Keep in mind that sometimes other players can grant intercept to you and force you to block that way.(usually with locations that grant intercept)

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 28 Sep 2022 06:46 by Bloodartist.

More
28 Sep 2022 07:51 #106443 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
To play Eluding the arms of morpheus on an action which you normally do not have blocking rights to, you would first need to play another wake-card, for example Eyes of argus or on the qui vive, then play eagles sight.

Now you have a right to block.

Then you can play Eluding the arms of morpheus to unlock. In most situations this would, however, be a waste of the Eluding-card as the eyes of argus/otqv would be sufficient to attempt the block. Sometimes you may want to cycle an reaction-heavy hand, or unlock with Eluding because you have an Enkil cog on your vampire.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds