file Goth Band and Leadership Vacuum

21 Oct 2022 20:50 #106633 by Killiam
Imagine you control Goth Band (GB) and have just played a Leadership Vacuum (LV), placing one counter on it for having dunked a Bishop (so X=1 for LV). You immediately take an action with GB to remove a counter from another Methuselah's master card and add it to the LV. So now there are two counters on LV, but does that mean that X=2 now? More to the point -->
QUESTION: Now that there is a second counter on Leadership Vacuum (played at X=1), how much pool will my prey burn from LV during their unlock phase?

The reason I think the answer might be 1 rather than 2 is that the card says to burn X pool, rather than saying to burn pool equal to the number of counters on the card. Moreover, the card does not say to adjust the value of X according to the number of counters; it merely says that X is the starting number of counters. Still, it would be cool if the combo worked. :)

Card text pasted below.

Thanks!
-Bill / Killiam

Leadership Vacuum
Master: out-of-turn. Unique.
Only usable when a ready titled vampire controlled by another Methuselah is burned or sent to torpor. Usable during your turn. Put this card in play and put X counters on this card where X is the number of votes that vampire has. That Methuselah burns X pool during each of his or her unlock phases. During his or her unlock phase, if he or she controls a ready vampire with a capacity of 8 or more or with a title, burn this card.

Goth Band
Cost: 2 pool
Unique mortal with 2 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
As a +1 stealth Ⓓ action, the Goth Band may move one counter from any master card controlled by another Methuselah to a master card you control that uses counters. The counter is changed to a counter of the type appropriate to the new card.

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson
The following user(s) said Thank You: lip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2022 06:53 #106635 by lip
Replied by lip on topic Goth Band and Leadership Vacuum
Good question, and good point. I would say that still, X has to be 2, otherwise why the counters at all?

More
22 Oct 2022 07:16 - 22 Oct 2022 10:31 #106636 by inm8
I disagree, the text is explicit about what the value of X is ("X is the number of votes that vampire has") and has nothing to do with the counters on the card.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2022 10:31 by inm8.

More
22 Oct 2022 07:32 #106637 by KoRneeshon
Poor wording. Should be:

"That Methuselah burns pool equal to the number of counters on this card during each of his or her unlock phases".

With the current text, I agree with inm8.

More
24 Oct 2022 13:08 #106640 by Ankha

Poor wording. Should be:

"That Methuselah burns pool equal to the number of counters on this card during each of his or her unlock phases".

With the current text, I agree with inm8.

Correct. The number of counters has no influence whatsoever on the pool amount the Methuselah burns.
If we ever reprint the card, it will perhaps change.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Killiam

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds