file No proxies but no print version?

24 Nov 2022 21:38 #106870 by nedleeds
I'm not opposed to proxies but I'd rather people support the games creators. All my local events allow proxies. Ideally the last few cards get to POD. My original question was more confusion around a no proxy event and the interaction with cards that have no official printing. I guess as a follow up, are the Baba Yagas via drive-thru not legal at say nationals but an ink jet are?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2022 14:10 #106873 by self biased
strictly speaking, yes. However the Tournament Organizer can choose to allow them.

The TO in a regional tournament allowed me to play with the first generation of Amaranth proxies so that Ke could get some feedback, so there's no harm in asking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nedleeds

More
01 May 2023 19:38 #107962 by emime

Thank you for clarifying. Now for the recent scarce promos ;)

I don't know what you mean by "recent scarce promos" but they're likely to be real cards (not PDF cards) so these would be proxies.

Hey sorry for necro-ing the thread but I have a stupid question.

Suppose I am using a printed card from a PDF set in an event that does NOT allow proxies (which as discussed, I can, as printout from PDF set are not considered proxies… yet).

Must I then print the card from the original PDF sets in that case? Even when the text would be functionally different (e.g. Public Vilification, Inside Dirt) and could cause confusion? Or can I print a, well, “proxy” with the most recent text? Thanks!

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

More
01 May 2023 20:20 #107963 by Ankha
You must use the original PDF card, that is with the original text (however confusing it is).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: emime

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds