question-circle Clarification on using Orun and changing sect

05 Dec 2022 15:01 #106924 by miketheknife
My question is about using cards that require x orun to play and that do not explicitly require the vampire to be Laibon, like Exile or Brutal Influence.
It seems to me counterintuitive that a non-laibon could use these cards, but mechanically it seems that you could put any amount of oruns on your laibon, then making him/her change sect and still been able to play Exile or Brutal Influence.

Cheers everyone!

Name: Orun
[LoB:C, EK:C½]
Cardtype: Master
Master: trifle.
Put this card on a Laibon. For non-Orun cards played by Methuselahs other than this Laibon's controller, this Laibon is considered to have 2 additional capacity. A Laibon gets an additional vote for every three Orun he or she has. If this Laibon successfully bleeds for more than 2 or successfully performs a (D) action against a non-mortal minion, he or she burns one Orun. Burn this card if this Laibon has more Orun and Aye than his or her capacity.

Name: Brutal Influence
[EK:C]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Potence
[pot] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed. When the action is announced, this vampire may lock X Orun on him or her to get an additional +X bleed.
[POT] +1 stealth action. Lock X Orun on this vampire to move X blood from the bank to a younger Laibon in your uncontrolled region.

Name: Exile
[EK:C]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Presence
+1 stealth action.
 (D) Lock an ally or younger vampire and unlock this acting vampire.
 (D) Lock X Orun on this vampire to send a vampire or imbued with capacity or cost 2X or less to his or her owner's uncontrolled region.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2022 16:03 #106925 by Ankha

My question is about using cards that require x orun to play and that do not explicitly require the vampire to be Laibon, like Exile or Brutal Influence.
It seems to me counterintuitive that a non-laibon could use these cards, but mechanically it seems that you could put any amount of oruns on your laibon, then making him/her change sect and still been able to play Exile or Brutal Influence.

Correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
05 Dec 2022 16:37 - 05 Dec 2022 16:39 #106926 by miketheknife
Thx Ankha!

Follow up question:

Since orun grants 3 "abilities" to a Laibon (+2 cap for cards played by others meths, +1 vote for every 3 orun, burn 1 orun if bleed for 2 or more or D action against non-mortal minion), does the vampire loses these 3 "abilities"?.

For example: i influence out Arriette Sylla. Next turn, place 3 oruns on her, then Arriete goes anarch, untaps, then bleeds for 5 using brutal influence (locking the 3 oruns). Does she burns an orun if bleeds succesfuly?

Thx in advance
Last edit: 05 Dec 2022 16:39 by miketheknife. Reason: punctuation needed

More
05 Dec 2022 17:02 #106927 by Ankha

Thx Ankha!

Follow up question:

Since orun grants 3 "abilities" to a Laibon (+2 cap for cards played by others meths, +1 vote for every 3 orun, burn 1 orun if bleed for 2 or more or D action against non-mortal minion), does the vampire loses these 3 "abilities"?.

All these effects only work if the vampire is a Laibon:

Name: Orun
Cardtype: Master
Master: trifle.
Put this card on a Laibon. For non-Orun cards played by Methuselahs other than this Laibon's controller, this Laibon is considered to have 2 additional capacity. A Laibon gets an additional vote for every three Orun he or she has. If this Laibon successfully bleeds for more than 2 or successfully performs a (D) action against a non-mortal minion, he or she burns one Orun. Burn this card if this Laibon has more Orun and Aye than his or her capacity.

For example: i influence out Arriette Sylla. Next turn, place 3 oruns on her, then Arriete goes anarch, untaps, then bleeds for 5 using brutal influence (locking the 3 oruns). Does she burns an orun if bleeds succesfuly?

No.

Prince of Paris, France
The following user(s) said Thank You: miketheknife

More
07 Dec 2022 22:16 - 07 Dec 2022 22:21 #106951 by Poci
Wait so this means that if I change sect on a with a laibon I basically 'freeze' the amount of Oruns on him permanently...? Sure, I lose the secondary benefits of Orun, but I don't lose them on bleeds and rushes.

Also, if that's the case, I can still use the both effects of brutal influence freely still after the sect change?
Last edit: 07 Dec 2022 22:21 by Poci.

More
08 Dec 2022 07:56 #106952 by Ankha

Sure, I lose the secondary benefits of Orun, but I don't lose them on bleeds and rushes.

Also, if that's the case, I can still use the both effects of brutal influence freely still after the sect change?

Yes (cardtext).

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds