file Danylo Special Clarification

09 Dec 2022 14:31 #106963 by Killiam
Hello!

I believe the answer to this is no, but since it came up in conversation lately, I will ask for clarification.

Question: Can Danylo's special be used to fetch equipment that becomes a location once in play?

Card text pasted below. Thanks in advance!

Name: Danylo
[HttB:U/A2]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Blood Brother
Group: 5
Capacity: 4
Discipline: for pro san
Sabbat: Danylo can search your library for a location, reveal it, and move it to your hand as an action that costs 1 pool (shuffle and discard down afterward). Kiev circle. Sterile.
Artist: James Stowe

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2022 07:41 #106964 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Danylo Special Clarification

Hello!

I believe the answer to this is no, but since it came up in conversation lately, I will ask for clarification.

Question: Can Danylo's special be used to fetch equipment that becomes a location once in play?

You are correct, Danylo´s special cannot be used to fetch loquipments because they are only considered equipments while in your library.

LSJ wrote:

Palatial Estate (and locquipment in general) is equipment in hand or library or ash heap, is both equipment and location when played (and paid), and is just location while in play.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

More
10 Dec 2022 08:13 #106965 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Danylo Special Clarification
See also Goblinism that does what Danylo doesn't.

Name: Goblinism
[LoB:R, HttB:PKia]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Mytherceria/Potence
[pot] (D) Burn a location.
[myt] +1 stealth action. Search your library for a location or equipment that is a location while in play. Show it to the other players and put it in your hand. Shuffle and discard afterward.
[MYT] As [myt] above, and if the location or equipment is a haven, you may put it on this vampire instead (requirements and cost, if any, must be met and paid as normal).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds