file NRA PAC and Vast Wealth

16 Dec 2022 14:38 #107054 by Malachy
Heys!

My question revolves around a Vast Wealth action which finds a vehicle, but the minion performing the action already has a vehicle. I know the ruling that the new vehicle is burned and no cost is paid [TOM 19950407] , but if NRA PAC is in play, do they get to unlock in this case?

Name: Vast Wealth
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:PTo, Third:U, KoT:U, FB:PTr1]
Cardtype: Master
Put this card on a ready minion you control. If you control this minion, they can equip with the first equipment you find in your library as a +1 stealth action (working down from the top; requirements and cost apply as normal; shuffle afterward).
Artist: Kaja Foglio; William O'Connor

Name: NRA PAC
[Third:R, KoT:R]
Cardtype: Event
Government.
Any minion who successfully performs an equip action unlocks at the end of the turn.
Artist: Eric Lofgren

NC of Hungary

///

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2022 15:06 #107055 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic NRA PAC and Vast Wealth

Heys!

My question revolves around a Vast Wealth action which finds a vehicle, but the minion performing the action already has a vehicle. I know the ruling that the new vehicle is burned and no cost is paid [TOM 19950407] , but if NRA PAC is in play, do they get to unlock in this case?

Name: Vast Wealth
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:PTo, Third:U, KoT:U, FB:PTr1]
Cardtype: Master
Put this card on a ready minion you control. If you control this minion, they can equip with the first equipment you find in your library as a +1 stealth action (working down from the top; requirements and cost apply as normal; shuffle afterward).
Artist: Kaja Foglio; William O'Connor

Name: NRA PAC
[Third:R, KoT:R]
Cardtype: Event
Government.
Any minion who successfully performs an equip action unlocks at the end of the turn.
Artist: Eric Lofgren

The action was successful anyway, so the minion unlocks.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
16 Dec 2022 18:16 - 16 Dec 2022 18:17 #107056 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic NRA PAC and Vast Wealth
An attempt to provide an explanation for the ruling.

The reasoning is that Vast Wealth provides a "search for a card" and an "equip action" in one.... the provided action if not blocked and reaches resolution is considered successful even if it "fizzles" because the requirements/adherence to limitations cannot be met...and as a successful action that "fizzles" in its resolution triggers the NRA PAC´s unlocking effect as it only cares about the status of the action and not about the resolution of the effect.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2022 18:17 by inm8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds