file Limbo and modifiers/reactions

12 Jul 2023 12:35 #108660 by Vezintroll.
Hello,

Usually the questions in this forum about limbo ask about actions and strike cards. If a vampire plays action modifier/reaction during an action it goes to the limbo until the action ends?
Does it depend if there is an effect to resolve (at the end of the action or at block)?

For example:
  • If a vampire play a Conditioning, does it go to the ash heap after playing it or at the end of the action?
  • If a vampire plays a Melange at superior (with an effect when the vampire blocks), does it go to the ash heap after playing it or at the end of the action?

Thanks you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2023 18:37 #108664 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Limbo and modifiers/reactions
the concept of "limbo" only exists for actions and strikes because they are the only two that have the playing of the card and the resolution of the effect they provide separated in two distinct steps...this is not to be confused with effects (e.g. superior Melange) that set up a delay effect.
All non-action non-strike cards that are not "put into play" are played directly to the ash heap...this doesn´t mean the cards cannot come back from the ash heap to be put on a minion e.g. Melange

More
17 Jul 2023 15:15 #108724 by Vezintroll.
I did my question because I saw this in the play summary:

Action modifiers and reaction cards that may be put in play depending on the success of the action (or of a block attempt) are "in limbo" until that is determined.

www.vekn.net/detailed-play-summary

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds