times Burn a Political Action card for no vote?

25 Aug 2011 07:20 - 11 Feb 2013 12:31 #8968 by CryWolf
From the Rulebook ---

6.3.3. Gaining Votes

<snip>
Once gained, a vote need not be cast right away, if at all. Each vote cast is cast either "for" or "against" the referendum, ...
<snip>
Once cast, a vote cannot be changed. Methuselahs can gain votes in the following ways:
Political Action Cards. Each Methuselah may gain one vote by using a political action card.

(Emphasis mine, obviously)

Can a Methuselah burn a vote card during a referendum but not use the vote (i.e. abstaining) just to cycle?
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 12:31 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2011 08:28 #8979 by Juggernaut1981
No, once you've burned a political action to gain a vote you cannot attempt to do so again. But IANPB so, I'd be happy to be overruled.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
25 Aug 2011 08:46 #8980 by Amenophobis
I think you would gain the vote for the discarded card. You could then use it to cast it for, against, or abstain.
The vote you gain would be from the Methuselah, therfore cannot be canceled by cards that cancel votes from vampires.

More
25 Aug 2011 08:55 #8982 by Pascal Bertrand

I think you would gain the vote for the discarded card. You could then use it to cast it for, against, or abstain.
The vote you gain would be from the Methuselah, therfore cannot be canceled by cards that cancel votes from vampires.

Correct.
Rulebook 6.3.3 : Once gained, a vote need not be cast right away, if at all.

More
25 Aug 2011 23:26 #9037 by CryWolf
Thanks Pascal and Amenophobis! I forgot that bit about not being messed up by cards that mess with vampire's votes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds