times Questions asked in email

07 Sep 2011 22:51 - 25 Mar 2013 13:01 #9732 by Adonai

if i play a political action card, can i use reaction cards to increase my vote count i.e. (surprise influence) or can i only increase my votes by using an action modifier?

If you control the acting minion, you can only use action modifiers, you
cannot react to your own actions.

can a political action be played for the sake of playing it, i.e. could you play, disputed territory (Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth. Choose a location and a Methuselah. Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah takes control of the chosen location), if there was no location on the table being controlled by anyone?

No.
Cards that target other things must have valid targets in order to be played.

You could play a Disputed Territory to take a location from yourself and give it to yourself though.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2013 13:01 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2011 05:36 #9739 by Pascal Bertrand

if i play a political action card, can i use reaction cards to increase my vote count i.e. (surprise influence) or can i only increase my votes by using an action modifier?

If you control the acting minion, you can only use action modifiers, you
cannot react to your own actions.

Correct. Rulebook 1.6.3.6 : "A ready untapped minion can play a reaction card in response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion (an action taken by one of a Methuselah's minions cannot be reacted to by any of her own minions)."

can a political action be played for the sake of playing it, i.e. could you play, disputed territory (Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth. Choose a location and a Methuselah. Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah takes control of the chosen location), if there was no location on the table being controlled by anyone?

No.
Cards that target other things must have valid targets in order to be played.

You could play a Disputed Territory to take a location from yourself and give it to yourself though.

Correct. [LSJ 20021108] .
Also notice that, if you choose a location you control on one of your minions and you for Disputed Territory, the location can't be moved to another minion (per the same ruling as above).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds