file Different Color Schema

08 Dec 2010 08:01 #128 by extrala
I still find that the color of the main texts (both in the forum and the other pages) do not have enough contrast and are hard to read. The light grey text to the dark grey background is really hard to read (or at least it tiring for the eyes). When working in bad light or the angle of the notebook screen is not 100% optimal, it's really hard to read.

My suggestion: just use white for these texts, even if it looks less cool or stylish.

Similar thing for the links, on the Card List page the color of the yet-not-listed expansion is not distinguishable at all vs. the a link of visited expansion list.

On the upside I really like you added the VtES symbols to the board symbols available in the forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2010 12:17 #131 by GreenO
Replied by GreenO on topic Re: Different Color Schema
I've said this before, but it seems worth repeating:

"In comparison with other CCGs and the hobby games market in general,
V:TES players are older and have a little less free time. One
ramification of this is that a lot of us surf from work. Having a black
screen with animated undead blundering across the banner strip is less
than subtle. So lets have some white backgrounds, I'm thinking Word/
Excel colours: pale blues, greys and the like."

A subtle colour scheme would benefit us work-surfers.

M

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
-Herman Melville

More
08 Dec 2010 20:53 #134 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Different Color Schema
extrala: I will try to edit the color scheme of the forum into an even better contrasted once I get time for it. As for the rest of the site I'll have to co-ordinate with nc-italy.

GreenO: The colors of VEKN are Black and Red. The colors of VTES are Green and Black. IMHO to identify us with the organization and the game we should keep the palette. Maybe it could be changed into white background, but at the moment any kind of major change in layout is not a priority. In the mean time there are techniques and tools available that allow you to use your own stylesheets on various web pages.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
09 Dec 2010 09:52 - 09 Dec 2010 09:56 #138 by er-principe
Some changes will be up in the next few days; but
as Jussi said a major rework of the color scheme is not
a priority - i would add here that the whole project was conceived from the very beginning with the red/black colors combination (that are the VEKN colors)
and thus it should definitively remains this way

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 09 Dec 2010 09:56 by er-principe.

More
31 Dec 2010 23:12 #188 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Different Color Schema
So, style over substance?

I can switch, page by change, to a different style, though one I dislike as well, but I would have thought that people would have learned from how hard it is to read thepathofblood. The light gray type is even harder, not so much when reading people's posts as when creating one as I have to squint to see what I'm typing at the moment. If it were a brighter day, I'm not sure how I'd even see anything.

Anyway, while I'm sure there's some way for people to change styles using some tool to one that is more comfortable, I vaguely recall that some site, perhaps thepathofblood, has 1-2 styles as options. Is that difficult to implement?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds