question-circle Remember me

09 Jan 2011 04:28 #411 by salem
Replied by salem on topic Re: Remember me
which log in boxes are you using? the ones that appear at the top when you try and do something, or the ones at the bottom left under 'resources'.

I just used the bottom left one with 'remember me' ticked to reply to the Power Edge thread. I then remember this thread, went back to gmail for the subscription link to this thread, clicked it, and I was no longer logged in.

So I then logged in withOUT the 'remember me' box checked, and closed the tab, and then clicked the link in my gmail again, and I am still logged in.

I think to stay logged in you want to use the bottom left login boxes, and NOT choose 'remember me'.

Also, there's a chance that when you log in from work, it logs you out from your home computer. I only log in from one IP address though so can't check that. Multiple computers logged in via the same modem shouldn't do that though, so people trying one OS, and then booting back into another OS on the same computer, or at least a different computer but still on the same network, might not cause a log-out.

--
salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2011 15:16 #421 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Remember me

which log in boxes are you using? the ones that appear at the top when you try and do something, or the ones at the bottom left under 'resources'.

The one at the top of the page (right under the masthead).

I think to stay logged in you want to use the bottom left login boxes, and NOT choose 'remember me'.

Huh. That is certainly the opposite of intuitive. I'll give that a try.

Also, there's a chance that when you log in from work, it logs you out from your home computer.

That probably isn't it--I logged in last night clicking "remember me" and then logged on this morning (with no work in between) and was un-remembered again. And I don't log on from work much (mostly, I just did to see what happened with the "remember me" issue") as while I could get away with looking at google-groups at work when there were students in the room during study hall or something and no one would notice, if I log on to this site in such an instance, kids are all like "What the hell are you looking at you huge nerd?".

I'll try the other log in and *not* select remember me, and see if it remembers me.

More
09 Jan 2011 16:00 #422 by bakija
Well, I tried the lower left side of screen log in and not clicking "remember me", and it didn't remember me. Now I'm trying the lower left side of screen log in and clicking "remember me".

More
09 Jan 2011 19:24 #423 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: Remember me
Bakija, could you try the following from
the same computer and browser:
1. clean all of your cookies on the browser
2. log in here checking the "remember me" function
3. close your browser
4. open it again and check if you have still the cookie from vekn.net
on your browser

double check also if your browser is accepting cookies just for session or permanently

greets

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
09 Jan 2011 20:48 #424 by bakija

Hmm. Apparently, you missed where it turns out that the problem is, apparently, with the log in control that appears at the top of the screen under the masthead, as when I log in with the log in control that appears on the lower left hand side of the screen (you have to scroll down some), it continues to remember me.

More
09 Jan 2011 21:47 - 09 Jan 2011 21:48 #425 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: Remember me

Hmm. Apparently, you missed where it turns out that the problem is, apparently, with the log in control that appears at the top of the screen under the masthead, as when I log in with the log in control that appears on the lower left hand side of the screen (you have to scroll down some), it continues to remember me.

I dind't: was asking you to do that just using the log in control in question,
sorry if i wasn't clear enough.

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 09 Jan 2011 21:48 by er-principe.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds