file Registering events

19 Jun 2012 10:40 #32257 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Registering events
Forum is Kunena but the tournament registry is completely it's own custom built system.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 12:14 #32260 by yappo
Replied by yappo on topic Re: Registering events

Forum is Kunena but the tournament registry is completely it's own custom built system.

In that case it shouldn't be too hard to send a copy of the accepted data set (as the calendar currently is built to refuse "incorrect" data), to the forum (Kunena) data layer. Basically you need to read the php-code where Kunena stores a forum post and replicate it.

I don't know if the user-ID is connected to a server-side session ID,or associated with a coookie being bouced between browser and server. In the same way I don't know wether the calendar-ID is generated before storing the data or extracted after the data is stored. In the latter case the ID (and this the link) has to be fetched before the copy is sent to Kunena storage.

Either way, complex back-ends shouldn't matter all that much as the suggested feature (minus an eventual calendar-ID) is all handled at the php front-end.

More
19 Jun 2012 17:56 - 19 Jun 2012 18:00 #32278 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Registering events
It's still work. It would require reverse engineering what Kunena exactly does when a post is created. And reverse engineering is never easy, simple or fast. And with back-end I meant the Joomla! framework in general, not the site back-end in particular.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 19 Jun 2012 18:00 by jhattara.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds