question-circle Etiquette Question: To Bump, or Not To Bump

07 Apr 2011 07:51 #3206 by Ankha
Creating the list view of the incoming event as I suggested would be an easy way to see what is the next event in a local area.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2011 08:07 #3208 by jhattara

Creating the list view of the incoming event as I suggested would be an easy way to see what is the next event in a local area.

We will create list views, but it's not exactly in the highest priority right now. Functionality before presentation.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
07 Apr 2011 13:58 #3221 by brandonsantacruz
I think unlimited bumping is fine. If this helps someone bring in more participants, right on. This may be one example of the question, "to mod or not to mod(erate)."

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
07 Apr 2011 16:42 - 07 Apr 2011 16:44 #3229 by jhattara

I think unlimited bumping is fine. If this helps someone bring in more participants, right on. This may be one example of the question, "to mod or not to mod(erate)."

Use your common sense when bumping. The administrators and moderators are very lax and won't delete topics or posts on a whim. Here is an example of acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior.

EXAMPLE A (acceptable)
Original event announcement is created couple of months before the event is held and drops from the first page couple of weeks after. The organizer decides to bump it up month before the event is held and it again drops out after couple of weeks. Then few days before the event is held he bumps it again to remind people.

EXAMPLE B (unacceptable)
Original event announcement is created couple of months before the event. The organizer bumps up every time the topic moves out of the first spot in the topic list.

The thin red line between acceptable and unacceptable behavior lies somewhere in between.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 07 Apr 2011 16:44 by jhattara.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds