file Selling my collection

04 May 2013 17:24 - 04 May 2013 17:26 #48186 by wastaz
Selling my collection was created by wastaz
Hey guys,

I recently realised that I'm not really playing this game anymore - and that I have a lot of cards just standing around.

So, I've made lists of all the cards I have
www.grodslok.net/Fred/library.txt
www.grodslok.net/Fred/crypt.txt

and I'm hoping to sell them off. I'd prefer to sell everything as a bulk even though I know I'd probably get a higher price if I chopped it up into smaller pieces (but time is also expensive ;) ), but if you provide me a compelling enough reason to chop it up then it might be a possibility. But mainly, I want to clear out some space in my closet and make sure that the cards go somewhere where they are used by people who still play the game.

If you are interested in more details, please contact me and ask away and I'll try to answer as soon as possible :)

I'm unsure as to what price to set, but I'd rather that the cards went to good use with a player/playgroup that actually plays the game rather than just collect dust in my closet.

I live in Sweden, and thus the collection also lives in Sweden. :) I can mail it, but it's a lot of cards and quite heavy so if you want me to mail it far away then as you might understand there will be transportation costs involved. If you live outside of sweden and are still interested I can of course research the transportation options and costs for them if you tell me where you'd want it shipped to.

Price: I'm not sure. Give me what you think is a decent offer and we'll work from there. You can PM me on these forums or reply in this thread.
Last edit: 04 May 2013 17:26 by wastaz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2013 14:58 #48207 by Grasshopper
Hey. I live in Denmark.

What are u asking for the whole lot?

More
07 May 2013 03:56 #48283 by wastaz
Replied by wastaz on topic Re: Selling my collection
As I said, I'm not sure what is a decent price for a collection of this size. It's a lot of cards (something like 25-26k-ish) and a decent amount of good stuff (10 sensory deprivations! Gabrin will be sewing everyone up all around the table!). But I'm well aware of the fact that selling this in a bulk will most likely get me less money than splitting it and selling it in smaller packages/singles on ebay.

As I said in my post earlier, I've got no good answer to what might be a good price for this. :/ I've been surfing a bit in the trading forum here and on ebay and so on and tried to get a grasp of what I should ask for it, but I get the feeling that prices can be all over the place. :/

More
07 May 2013 04:56 #48284 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: Selling my collection
I paid 1000 euro a few months ago for a collection of this size (not including transport).
The months of joy for sorting and inventarising were for free :)

More
07 May 2013 14:45 #48303 by Grasshopper
whoa! That would be around 7,5K in DKK. Don't have that kind of money. Not even close. So I'll be backing down on this one.

Good luck with your sale though. :)

More
07 May 2013 15:04 #48305 by prestonp
Replied by prestonp on topic Re: Selling my collection
I am willing to buy the cards that most people don't value such as Flash, Thrown Sewer Lid, Thrown Gate, Fast Hands, etc. Most of these cards aren't the ones people would actually value the collection for.
Here's a tentative list of the cards I'm after so you can have an idea:
prestonpoulter.com/2011/04/29/the-contents-and-strategy-guides-for-my-barbed-wire-decks/

If you'd be willing to go through your cards and pull these out:
a. It will make the collection light and easier to ship abroad
b. I can pay you for these cards that other people don't.

I can pay $.02 a card plus transport. So if you have 3000 cards out of the 25k that fit the bill, you'd get $60, which isn't bad for the two hours it would take you to sort them into cards I want v. other cards.

I can send you a more detailed list if you're interested.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds