question-circle Which card manager do you recommend?

04 Feb 2012 10:55 #22322 by Flaschengeist
First of all, hello everyone :).
In my quest for still active Vampire ressources in the web I ended up on your boards. I am a former enthusiastic VTES player from Germany who rather involuntarily quit the hobby back in 2006. Now I recently moved and the movers had a loot of fun carrying all my cards in those heavy moving boxes ;). In my new home I looked for VTES players again. Unfortunately it seems the hobby is quite dead in Germany - even thou I am now living in the "Ruhrgebiet", the biggest metroplis area in Germany with about 5 Million inhabitants in close proximity. Frustrating, it is such an awesome game :(. By the way, in the same time magic the gathering is strill thriving...
Now I ended up deceiding to put my collection on ebay to save the next movers backaches ;). To make the most out of it, I figured to take some hours cataloging my collection so the potential buyers don't have to bid for the pig in the poke. In former times I used the Fragement of the Elder Library Database(FELD)for cataloging but the data got lost. Now FELD seems gone anyway. The question is: Which tool would you recommend? Sutekh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2012 11:48 #22323 by Ke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
04 Feb 2012 14:28 - 04 Feb 2012 14:30 #22326 by Angel74
To be honest, I don't think V:tES is dead in Germany. We have German players on Dutch tournaments all the time, and even our very own Johannes Walch 'leading' the V:EKN through these difficult times - I am pretty sure there still are some playgroups in your country.

Maybe try to use this forum to find them?

;)

Oh, and also: I always liked FELDB - I think it was updated up till the very last set, just missing the last promo's.

ARDB is okay too, except for the fact that I can't seem to get the card-pictures to work.

"They had forgotten the first lesson, that we are to be powerful, beautiful, and without regret." ~ Armand.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2012 14:30 by Angel74.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Feb 2012 15:25 - 04 Feb 2012 15:32 #22328 by Adonai
forum.vekn.de/ would probably be willing to disagree with you about the state of V:TES in Germany, but it is certainly possible that the specific area you are in has a current vacuum.

Definitely get in touch with the local volunteers for Germany .

Walch & Nusser would be happy to work with you to help fix your local area by recruiting new players.

---

For inventory, nothing beats Excel.
(Remove the .zip from the file name, then use 7Zip to extract it.)

Attachment Example.7z.zip not found

For deck publishing, ARDB is my preferred choice.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Feb 2012 15:32 by Adonai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Feb 2012 17:22 #22332 by Izaak
I really like FELDB because it's card management + deckbuilding + deck database all rolled into 1 tool.

I tried ARDB, which has some great features that FELDB doesn't have, but FELDB similarly FELDB has awesome features that ARDB doesn't have and in the end awesome beats great so I use FELDB.

I'm likely to switch to ARDB when the new "set" is released because nobody seems to be maintaining FELDB anymore.

More
05 Feb 2012 06:32 #22361 by Azrael
In the Ruhrgebiet are 3 active Playgroups. Bochum, Gelsenkirchen and Köln/Bonn. In Domain Bochum we have an active League and we meet every first an third Friday in a Month. Domain Gelsenkirchen meets every Wendsday´. For Köln/Bonn you must look at their Forum on forum.vekn.de .

Hope we see you in one of our Groups. :)

My Favorite Manager is FELDB.

Everything works better with Clan Impersonation

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds