file Card odds drawing tool

08 Mar 2012 08:06 #25270 by alf
Replied by alf on topic Re: Card odds drawing tool

So I've using on an Excel sheet that calculates odds for various situations ...

What I wondered is if there is any interest in such an Excel? ...

Hi Izaak,

I'd defenitely be interested in such a tool.
My only concern is with the media "Excel" to build this sort of thing as I'll certainly NOT buy anything MS just to use such a file.
It would be great though, if you were able to convert this to Open Source stuff like Open Office.

Thanks for your efforts.
-Alf

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2012 10:01 - 08 Mar 2012 10:01 #25300 by Boris The Blade
Excel documents are compatible with OpenOffice as long as they use formulas only. It starts breaking when you add macros.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 10:01 by Boris The Blade.

More
08 Mar 2012 11:15 #25306 by wastaz
Replied by wastaz on topic Re: Card odds drawing tool

Excel documents are compatible with OpenOffice as long as they use formulas only. It starts breaking when you add macros.

I agree to 100% with Alf's post. And while Boris has a point (which is why I quoted him and not alf) I'm still not sure that excel is the best "reusable" media.

Excel/OpenOffice is quite heavyweight and very general tools, it seems like killing rabbits with nuclear bombs (even if in this case, the nuclear bomb is a <personal opnion>horrible horrible messy fat ugly program which deserves death</personal opinion>).

If someone wrote an actual program which could do all these things by looking at a decklist in (lets say for instance) the secretlibrary format we could have a tool which could be extended, more lightweight and still much more streamlined to the actual needs. Depending on the language etc it could also be at least semi-portable and not require installing an entire office suite...

Does someone have a summary of all the things (measurements, formulas, analysis etc) that we would like to be able to do with such a program?

More
09 Mar 2012 10:09 #25392 by Forhead
Replied by Forhead on topic Re: Card odds drawing tool
Excel is awesome. Don't trash talk it.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds