file Story line cards update

08 Mar 2015 22:35 #69762 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Story line cards update
I've found 3.1.1 to be the most stable / reliable. Rest I've found unusable.

Thankfully that version does everything needed and can be updated so no issues there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2015 21:42 #69781 by Walt
Replied by Walt on topic Re: Story line cards update
well maybe this isn't the right place to discuss this but I'm having fun with some tests so here are my results

Windows 7 Pro service pack 1

ARDB 3.1.0 (FEB 20 2010)
- update from internet function: Failed to get: www.white-wolf.com/VTES/download/vtescsv.zip
- update from file function: it's work and I can see new cards from storyline rewards but after the update all the references to disciplines change.
Now disciplines under mail list are shown as "FO "ce "au and inside the select function discipline's symbols disappears replaced by "Auspex" or "Fortitude" text

ARDB 3.1.1Beta2 (FEB 27 2010)
- update from internet function: Failed to get: www.white-wolf.com/VTES/download/vtescsv.zip
- update from file function:
Opening D:\Giochi\Vtes\ARDB\vtescsv_utf8.zip
Importing file vtescrypt.csv... ..............
Importing file vteslib.csv...
Importing file vtessets.csv...
ERROR -> UPDATE ABORTED (ROLLBACK)
Database update has ended.
You may need to restart ARDB.

mmhh it's seems to me that using version after version of ARDB create some problems

it's better to delete all files under "c/users/user name/Anarch Revolt Deck Builder" directory before launch a new versions of ARDB

doing so
3.1.1Beta2 update from file (disciplines have the problem of "Au and disciplines symbols disappears from select function

3.2.1 still don't update

Stefano "Walt" Calzighetti
Prince of Pordenone (Italy)

More
10 Mar 2015 08:34 #69790 by Pascal Bertrand
Ive updated the files yesterday (including remarks from Jussi as some were missing text).
The uploaded files have no quotes on the first line.

More
11 Mar 2015 20:41 #69816 by Walt
Replied by Walt on topic Re: Story line cards update
Thanks a lot

now ARDB version 3.1.1Beta 2 works fine updating it from the file :)

3.2.1 have still and error opening the file, just as note

thanks again
Stefano

Stefano "Walt" Calzighetti
Prince of Pordenone (Italy)

More
12 Mar 2015 09:03 #69827 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Story line cards update
Please note that ARDB 3.1.2 doesn't support UTF-8 correclty, so Zöe has her name garbled. If you wish to have the proper name displayed, either fix ARDB, or convert your csv files to ANSI.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
15 Mar 2015 04:57 #69860 by drstrange26
I just wanted to note that UTF-8 is broken less because of a problem with the code. It is a problem with the version of SQLite that is being used. ARDB needs a major overhaul on the DB storage side.

I also wanted to note that ARDB may disappear from Google Code.
I am not really active with the code anymore. Its been almost 3 years since I even compiled it. I have the ARDB 3.1.2beta code and I am willing to turn it over to anyone who asks. I have it set up in an IDE called Code::Blocks and I am able to compile and make changes pretty readily because I still have my laptop that I worked on 3 years ago. I am willing to help anyone who is wishing to modify and ad features to the code.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds