check VtESDB - An online responsive VtES database

04 Apr 2015 12:18 - 22 Nov 2015 08:17 #70217 by SmoiZ
Hi everyone!

I have decided to share my simple online VtES database with you guys.
The goal was to create a simple and fast experience with a modern looking interface. Its main use at this moment is as fast and easy card look-up. The site is compatible with modern smartphone browsers.

Current features:
- Searching
- Inventory
- Tagging/deck building

So feel free check it out at vtes.gartner.io.

For you developers out there here is a quick rundown.
The site is a web app written in NodeJS running Meteor. It currently is hosted on free servers which is why the app is suspended after prolonged inactivity. This adds an extra loading on the first request if the app is suspended.

I well come any feedback here but please redirect all feature requests / bug reports to: bitbucket.org/smoiz/vtesdb/

/smz
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 08:17 by SmoiZ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phareux

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2015 13:39 - 04 Apr 2015 13:41 #70220 by Ankha
It doesn't work offline which is sad.
I was working some time ago on a similar tool but that would work offline; unfortunately the performances were not very good.

How is it better or different than the existing websites, such as Secret library?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 04 Apr 2015 13:41 by Ankha.

More
04 Apr 2015 14:37 #70221 by Lech
Why al-ashrad adv show basic version ? Overall, while i support new tools, i'd rather use secret library.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
05 Apr 2015 07:31 #70224 by Ankha

It doesn't work offline which is sad.
I was working some time ago on a similar tool but that would work offline; unfortunately the performances were not very good.

How is it better or different than the existing websites, such as Secret library?

Apart of that, the interface is nice.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
05 Apr 2015 08:55 #70226 by SmoiZ

Why al-ashrad adv show basic version ? Overall, while i support new tools, i'd rather use secret library.

Ah, apparently the image database had the wrong card. I'll look into it and see if I can't find the right image.

The main difference compared to many other I've seen is that this web app is responsive and adapts well to mobile browsers. Though it should be noted that my main purpose was "because I felt like it". ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds