map-pin [ANN] Amaranth 3.1 Released

20 Oct 2020 14:43 #100957 by kschaefer

There is an option to filter crypt by "No title". Could the filter "All titles (including +x votes)" be added?

There is already a "Titled" checkbox that does this; it's just not in the drop down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khaan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2020 20:03 #101306 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic [ANN] Amaranth 3.0 Released
I don't know if this is a "feature" or not - Ke might be one of the many Nights of Reckoning haters - but Amaranth is pretty messed up if you try to use it to build an imbued deck. Beyond not being able to look up any cards, crypt or library, based on specific virtues, the "imbued" option in the clan pulldown of the Library section brings back no results.

Worse, library cards which have a conviction cost don't list that conviction cost, either in the text nor in the card art (the latter is especially odd - did someone manually scrub the conviction costs from the card art?). This means that some NoR proxies printed via Amaranth have incorrect card text, which could well be a problem at a tournament in which people aren't familiar enough with the NoR cards to realize that some of the proxies are incorrect.

More
28 Dec 2020 13:59 #101307 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic [ANN] Amaranth 3.0 Released

Worse, library cards which have a conviction cost don't list that conviction cost, either in the text nor in the card art (the latter is especially odd - did someone manually scrub the conviction costs from the card art?). This means that some NoR proxies printed via Amaranth have incorrect card text, which could well be a problem at a tournament in which people aren't familiar enough with the NoR cards to realize that some of the proxies are incorrect.

The proxies on Amaranth are generated based on Card Text and Images of the Art. They are not scans of actual cards (and have in some cases updated card text, that hasn't been printed yet). The problem with the wrong sidebar seems to be a bug in the code generating the images. It also happens with cards that have burn options, but no Clan or Discipline requirement (e.g. Tattoo Signal).

That said, unfortunately the proxies from Amaranth are not tournament legal. The tournament rules specify explicitly "every proxy card must be a color-copy of the original card, on standard paper". With newer cards this is most often not recognizable, but for example set symbols are missing as well.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
09 Mar 2021 08:31 #101808 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic [ANN] Amaranth 3.0 Released
The expired certificate error has returned.

More
21 Sep 2021 14:55 #103238 by tksolway
I love Amaranth, and have used it for years.  That being said, I've noticed that there is a lack of updates 5e stuff.  Is this a time issue, or something else?  I have a feeling that there would be some in the community interested in donating their time to help keep Amaranth up to date (I know I could).

More
13 Nov 2022 22:13 - 13 Nov 2022 22:13 #106812 by lewho
Replied by lewho on topic [ANN] Amaranth 3.0 Released
Cards from Fifth Edition sets are implemented and are also visible in Amaranth layout (which is amazing) in deckbuilder. However - they cannot be exported to PDF in new layout. Old cards show up but the new cards are ommited. Also - if the deck contains only new cards Amaranth is unable to generate PDF. I attach a screenshot of that.

Old card frames export to PDF just fine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Nov 2022 22:13 by lewho.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds