file VTES DB - Announcement

14 Apr 2020 23:37 #99588 by Sydnelson
Replied by Sydnelson on topic VTES DB - Announcement
Smeeag do you code in python? If yes, maybe you can help me in a project. I try to update OCTGN (another online play engine like lackey), but I'm stuck when they change the code to python.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2020 04:31 #99589 by smeeag
Replied by smeeag on topic VTES DB - Announcement

For what it's worth, if you'd like to stay up-to-date with card text updates, I opted for downloading the CSV file from VEKN directly on bootstrap for KRCG , the small tool I wrote for the Codex site.

It's in Python/Flask too, do not hesitate to copy the parts you like if you want, or to run it directly on your side, independently or as a library (its available on Pypi ).

I just tried 'krcg' (in terminal) and it is very useful ('affinity' feature is super neat). I will definetely start to use it my usual deckbuilding workflow. Thanks for the job!
And I'll take a look how to utilize your existing code to avoid manual database updates (existing solution) to improve VTES DB.

Smeeag do you code in python? If yes, maybe you can help me in a project. I try to update OCTGN (another online play engine like lackey), but I'm stuck when they change the code to python.

VTES DB is in python, but I'm not like real developer (this is my first/only 'program' and sole purpose to learn python), so my capabilities are very limited. Though, if the task is not big I'll give it a try.

Could you create new thread about this project (with task description)?
Maybe there will be other fellows ready to help other than me (I never used OTCGN so it could take time just to understand what is happening there).

More
15 Apr 2020 07:36 - 15 Apr 2020 09:26 #99590 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic VTES DB - Announcement

Kudos for this beautiful work smeeag !

The code looks awesome too.

For what it's worth, if you'd like to stay up-to-date with card text updates, I opted for downloading the CSV file from VEKN directly on bootstrap for KRCG , the small tool I wrote for the Codex site.

It's in Python/Flask too, do not hesitate to copy the parts you like if you want, or to run it directly on your side, independently or as a library (its available on Pypi ).

If you'd like to work together on a common tool, I'd be up for it.

Your API should probably include retrieving a card with its unique id too :)

Basically, anything using the card names is prone to error because of the variations (Heidelberg/Heidelburg), the use of accents, or things such as the base or advanced version of a vampire.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 09:26 by Ankha.

More
15 Apr 2020 09:00 - 16 Apr 2020 08:16 #99600 by lip
Replied by lip on topic VTES DB - Announcement
Oh, good point ☺︎ I added an issue an will try to add that ASAP: github.com/lionel-panhaleux/krcg/issues/14

You can now retrieve cards by ID in KRCG :-)

FWIW, note the API can handle a bit of misspelling (like missing accents), and advanced vampires can be fetched just by adding the (ADV) text after the name (like most do).

Good bleeding all !
Last edit: 16 Apr 2020 08:16 by lip.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds