file ARDB - V5 ANARCH UPDATE!!!

05 Feb 2022 05:23 - 05 Feb 2022 06:33 #104630 by IfritBR
Hey guys!!!

Well, I'm an ARDB orphan, I've never been able to adapt with other programs and tools to organize my collection.

I'm a user of version 3.1.1, since in the most recent one there is a separation of cards by expansion, which makes having a lot of .44 Magnum for example, and for me what matters is the total number of cards that own, and not the separation of them by specific expansion.

Well, since the program was discontinued (not to mention abandoned) I decided to do an update on my own on the VTESCSV that we have here at VEKN (which is updated up to V5).

I inserted as expansions the POD and the V5A. But I didn't add the POD tag to all the cards that are in the DTC, given the absurd amount of cards and the work and time it would have to have to do it.

So I did the main thing - I ADDED ALL THE V5A CARDS and together I created the image file.

This version of VTESCSV needs adjustments, as it was only after finishing the work that I realized that I need to update some cards with the latest text, as well as credit the artists and correct some errata.I ask you to put in this post the necessary updates that I will update little by little.

And, for orphans like me, enjoy WITHOUT LIMITS our beloved ARDB with the newest expansion.

Tiago H. C. Ramos
Prince of Grande Vitória - ES - Brazil
:vent::DOM::FOR::PRE::POT::THA::cap10:

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

Last edit: 05 Feb 2022 06:33 by IfritBR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walt, TryDeflectingThisGrapple

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2022 05:28 - 06 Feb 2022 23:26 #104631 by IfritBR
Replied by IfritBR on topic ARDB - V5 ANARCH UPADTE!!!

Tiago H. C. Ramos

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

Last edit: 06 Feb 2022 23:26 by IfritBR.

More
05 Feb 2022 06:20 #104633 by IfritBR
Replied by IfritBR on topic ARDB - V5 ANARCH UPDATE!!!
Just one detail:

I kept the traditional clan names - Assamite for Banu Haqim and Followers of Set for The Ministry.

I did it this way because I don't know how the program would behave with the addition of two new clans. Then I test to see if the program supports such modification.

Tiago H. C. Ramos

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

More
06 Feb 2022 23:25 - 06 Feb 2022 23:28 #104640 by IfritBR
Replied by IfritBR on topic ARDB - V5 ANARCH UPDATE!!!
Updated Feb 6, 2022 with missing promos and text correction from INSIDE DIRT.

Also updated the PROMO image pack.

As I use ARDB version 3.1.1 it is still not possible to search for vampires by group 7, only up to group 6. However, group 7 vampires are functional both in the inventory and in the deck creation tool.

Tiago H. C. Ramos

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

Last edit: 06 Feb 2022 23:28 by IfritBR.

More
11 May 2022 18:57 #105238 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

As I use ARDB version 3.1.1 it is still not possible to search for vampires by group 7, only up to group 6. However, group 7 vampires are functional both in the inventory and in the deck creation tool.

First, thank you for this effort and I hope you'll continue to update the file with the newest cards as they are released (new vampire from the recent newbie release, for example.)

Let just say you're not the only orphaned user - most of the Denver USA playgroup still uses ARDB because there's nothing like it. I've even thought about commissioning a new standalone program with ARDB's multi-layer search functions, adding some functions, improving performance and ensuring compatibility with the more current .csv files provided by BCP.

Second, you can enable Group 7 search/sort by opening the ARDB.INI file and changing the line that says HighestGroup=6 to HighestGroup=7. You can also you this file to alter or add more default search checkboxes, if you're into that kind of thing :)

Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

More
12 May 2022 13:57 - 12 May 2022 14:00 #105240 by smeeag
Replied by smeeag on topic ARDB - V5 ANARCH UPDATE!!!
@TryDeflectingThisGrapple

I apologize for offtopic, but would like to use this opportunity :)

Being ARDB users allow me to assume your playgroup are software powerusers and passionate experienced VTES players. I'm developing similar purpose site VDB and probably you know about it, and have very good reasons to stick to ARDB.
May I ask you to give short summary of what would make VDB more appealing for your playgroup, what key features of ARDB you miss or maybe there are other red flags?
That would be very valuable feedback for me, and will help a lot in making VDB better (and who knows, maybe one day it will suit your needs :)

Looks like there are no "direct messages" on this forum, so if you could please post it in VDB thread, or email me at or in the Vtes discord channel or whatever the way you like. Thanks in advance!

P.S. This is not an exclusive offer, I would like to hear any feedback EVEN NEGATIVE and/or proposals from anybody interested in deck building software.
Last edit: 12 May 2022 14:00 by smeeag.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds