file Cause and Effect - Isak's lecture at the EC 2011

30 Nov 2011 00:35 - 30 Nov 2011 00:38 #16502 by Forhead
Greetings!

The this is the final content we have from this year's EC. This is my lecture from the EC 2011 in Warsaw, unfortunaley we had to cut the discussion we had at the end of the lecture. My thoughts and experience about deck-building in general. It also includes a short case study of the Girls decks, which I were contributing to create together with Erik Torstensson, Adam Esbjörnsson and Alex Ek.

As usual I'd love your input and/or questions concerning the content of lecture.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
Last edit: 30 Nov 2011 00:38 by Forhead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2011 17:02 #16572 by brandonsantacruz
Good stuff. I liked your comment about how pool gain is not for defense, but for more offense in the Girls Will Find Your Blind Spot deck.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
30 Nov 2011 17:09 #16573 by Forhead
Thanks! :) Yeah, I think that is one of the most common misconceptions. Sure there are games or parts of games were it serves as a defence of some sort. But over all when you start saving up pool and loose you forward momentum (i.e. stop transfering/spending pool on masters) you might end up loosing because you're simply to behind the others when you get to the 3-way game or heads up. Besides, Aksinya and all the passive votes usually is enough to stay in the game.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds