file Gaming with BS blog articles

28 Mar 2016 00:22 #76081 by brettscho
The old thread was getting pretty cluttered with great discussion from my previous articles, so I've decided to start a new thread in which to announcement my new articles. Today's article is one part of what will eventually be a quick-start guide for VTES. This section is on combat, and it will be the very final part of the quick-start guide, but I thought it would be easiest to write. Please provide comments and feedback, and remember that this should help teach new players how to run combats. Once I finish all the sections and get feedback on them, I'll compile them into the full guide for new players. Enjoy!

Combat Primer

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2016 00:22 #76229 by brettscho
Hello all - I just published the next part of my New Player's Guide to VTES. Since I started with the final installment last time, I'm now writing the first part of the guide. It's all about Minions and Actions. I would love to get some feedback not only on if I got all the rules right (and didn't miss anything too important), but also on how clear my explanations and examples are. Enjoy, and thanks for your feedback!

The Minion Phase

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
11 Apr 2016 20:48 #76379 by brettscho
I'm taking a bit of a break from my VTES Quick-Start Guide to discuss my next demo deck. No, it's not for an independent clan - it's for the Gangrel. I wasn't very pleased with my last Gangrel deck, and I wanted to swing back and really do justice to this clan before moving on to the Independents. This decks succeeds where the last one failed, and I'm looking forward to using it in my future demo events. Enjoy!

Demo Deck - Clan Gangrel, Take II

More
24 Apr 2016 20:02 #76649 by brettscho
I've finally finished the final part of my VTES Quickstart guide. Just as a reminder, the first part covered the Minion Phase. This section covers the turn order, and the third section (which I paradoxically wrote first) covers combat. Please look this over and provide feedback. I'll soon be compiling all three parts into a single guide. Thanks and enjoy!

Part II: Turn Sequence

The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

More
02 May 2016 01:03 #76730 by brettscho
The recent discussions on the bloodlines have been making me think about a few topics which might get turned into other articles, but today I want to swing back around to combat. I've got three totally unplaytested ideas aimed at helping combat-oriented clans like Gargoyles and Salubri Anti. If it helps Nos Anti and others by accident, so much the better. Please comment and let me know what you think!

Combative Thoughts

More
03 May 2016 05:43 #76754 by Zombieking
some nice ideas!

i like the reputation cards, though im not keen about requirement of having both vampire ready at the end of combat. i imagine i would rely heavy on strike: dodge&strike to achieve the required results. i not sure it would particularly address the torpor issue (instead possibly boost anarch decks packing dustup).
but yep - it'd be great to add a new flavour and abilities to combat with one-use out-of-combat bonuses.

i here you on the influence/torpor thing too. i think the way to go would be adding the ruling to the influence phase: use 2 transfers to move 1 pool to a vampire you control in torpor.
...so you're not directly popping them out of torpor with MPA or transfers, but are giving them the ability to act themselves in your next turn. early game, using transfers like this would limit your ability to influence out vampires, and late game you're risking pool to give yourself options next turn - so it's still in keeping with the juggling of pool vs. resources.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds