times Brujah Debate and Tapped Vampires

09 Mar 2011 21:25 - 29 Jan 2013 11:44 #2229 by Juggernaut1981
I know that multiple vampires can be tapped for the same Brujah Debate in the Master Phase. Can you tap a Brujah Vampire that was either tapped, or did not untap, during the Untap Phase in the Master Phase to meet Brujah Debate's requirements?

For example:
Count Germaine was subject to a Rotschreck and is currently in the Ready Region with the Rotschreck still in play. During the Untap phase, Rotschreck burns leaving Count Germaine still tapped. Can Count Germaine (assuming he is the largest Brujah I have) be 'tapped' for Brujah Debate?

I would think "Yes" purely because you are also allowed to tap the same Brujah multiple times for multiple Brujah debates. But it would be nice to have a ruling or at least a debate about it...

Brujah Debate
Master
Brujah :Bruj:
1 :pool:
Master.
Put this card in play. During each Methuselah's master phase, he or she taps (one of) the highest capacity Brujah he or she controls (if any). Each Brujah gets +1 strength and an optional maneuver each combat. Any minion who is not Ventrue my burn this card as a (D) action.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 29 Jan 2013 11:44 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2011 21:29 - 09 Mar 2011 21:30 #2230 by Damnans
I'd say yes too, because Brujah Debate does not read: "tap an untapped Brujah", so you could tap an already tapped Brujah.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 09 Mar 2011 21:30 by Damnans.

More
09 Mar 2011 22:17 - 09 Mar 2011 22:21 #2237 by Pascal Bertrand

I know that multiple vampires can be tapped for the same Brujah Debate in the Master Phase.

That's quite wrong. Brujah Debat uses the "During X, do Y" template, which means only one Brujah gets tapped by each Brujah Debate. Do you have a link to something that says that more than one Brujah can be tapped per Brujah Debate?

Can you tap a Brujah Vampire that was either tapped, or did not untap, during the Untap Phase in the Master Phase to meet Brujah Debate's requirements?

The state of that Brujah in the Untap Phase is quite irrelevent. What matters (well, I guess this is what this question is about) is his state in the Master Phase.
As you noticed, one Brujah can be tapped by several Brujah Debates (which is what always happens when you have more Brujah Debates than Brujahs of the highest cap). Brujah Debate doesn't read "Tap one of your oldest untapped Brujahs". [LSJ 20010501]

For example:
Count Germaine was subject to a Rotschreck and is currently in the Ready Region with the Rotschreck still in play. During the Untap phase, Rotschreck burns leaving Count Germaine still tapped. Can Count Germaine (assuming he is the largest Brujah I have) be 'tapped' for Brujah Debate?

Better than "can", he must be tapped by Brujah Debate.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2011 22:21 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
10 Mar 2011 05:40 - 10 Mar 2011 05:42 #2243 by Juggernaut1981
Actually, you could tap more than one Brujah assuming you have multiple vampires that are the 'largest capacity'. For example, if you have four or five 5-caps, you could potentially tap two or three of them for the Brujah Debates. Just doing so is unlikely to be to your advantage when you can tap the same one multiple times (but might be worth it if you don't want to take hunt actions with a couple of key minions).

I also dug around for a bit longer and exercised my Google-Fu and found a Google-Group thread where LSJ said you can target a tapped vampire (from something like Sense Dep or Rotschreck) during your Master Phase to "be tapped" by the Brujah Debates. Which suits the plans I had for a certain deck perfectly.

Last edit: 10 Mar 2011 05:42 by Juggernaut1981.

More
10 Mar 2011 07:47 #2248 by Pascal Bertrand

Actually, you could tap more than one Brujah assuming you have multiple vampires that are the 'largest capacity'. For example, if you have four or five 5-caps, you could potentially tap two or three of them for the Brujah Debates.

Perhaps I misunderstood your first message, but I read it is "you can tap 3 Brujahs with a single Brujah Debate"

I also dug around for a bit longer and exercised my Google-Fu and found a Google-Group thread where LSJ said you can target a tapped vampire (from something like Sense Dep or Rotschreck) during your Master Phase to "be tapped" by the Brujah Debates.

Sounds like the link I gave :)
Basically, you can tap anything you want, even if it is tapped in the first place.
Classic applications: Rotschreck the acting minion (tapped for being acting); Deep Song on a tapped minion; sup' Telepathic Misdirection with a tapped minion (after Wake / On the Qui Vive); and, a bit more tricky, playing Force of Will (which, as all actions do, taps the acting minion, who is already tapped).

For the record, you can also untap untapped cards. For instance, untap your untapped Hunting with House of Sorrows when it's being stolen (Disputed Territory), so that the stealer gets it tapped instead of untapped.
You can also untap (once, due to the "During" keyword in the rules) each (untapped) Infernal minion during your untap phase - useful if you're doing the maths to Parity Shift someone right away.

What you can't do is use a "tap to .." effect on a tapped card. Example: you can't Wake + Hide the Heart to reduce a bleed against another player by 2. You also can't tap a tapped Barrens to discard (and draw) a card.

More
10 Mar 2011 08:56 #2251 by Juggernaut1981
Floppy: The link I found was from 2008, yours is much older.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds