file Masters that should become trifles when PoD enters - your suggestions

24 Apr 2013 05:47 #47495 by galliard
Basically, put your idea of masters that are currently unplayable or almost unplayable, but making them trifle would not make them overpowered.

I suggest we do not talk about cards like Gangrel Atavism, Deal with the Devil, which will remain useless anyways unless drastically changed.

My first pick would be Ascendance although i realise many will disagree with this one.
Further:
Gird minions
Short term investment
Secret Horde
Protracted investment
archetypes (exept Perfectionist)
maybe boon cards - i dont see them in play at all, but i am not sure about it, need your opinion

Dont be shy guys. If Minion tap and Sudden reversal could become trifles, i guess there is plenty of other masters to add to the list

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2013 06:25 #47498 by KevinM

Basically, put your idea of masters that are currently unplayable or almost unplayable, but making them trifle would not make them overpowered.

Ok, interesting idea.

My first pick would be Ascendance although i realise many will disagree with this one.

Because it nearly wallpapers Blood Doll, yeah, it's no good.

Further:
Short term investment
Secret Horde
Protracted investment
Gird minions
archetypes (exept Perfectionist)
maybe boon cards - i dont see them in play at all, but i am not sure about it, need your opinion

The "investment" cards could become trifles, sure, I don't see them becoming an issue.

I'd only make Gird Minions into a trifle it it were also Once Per Game. As a trifle, its power would be HUGE in bleed decks, weenie decks, or other lunge-capable decks.

Almost all archetypes are just bad cards. I don't think making them trifles is going to make them better.

Dont be shy guys. If Minion tap and Sudden reversal could become trifles, i guess there is plenty of other masters to add to the list

Villein is MT as a trifle. Wash is *not* SR as a trifle; Wash has serious drawbacks.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
24 Apr 2013 06:30 #47499 by Ankha
Only Trophies.

Other "wallpaper" cards won't be un-wallpaperized because they become Trifle. Who wants to play Gangrel Atavism, even if it's a trifle?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Apr 2013 06:39 #47502 by Boris The Blade
There is no point in changing investments: the hurdle is not the single MPA to put them in play, it is the multiple MPAs to use them.

More
24 Apr 2013 06:57 #47507 by galliard
as for investments you could just move counter during master phase, not using MPA. or moving counter could be trifle too

More
24 Apr 2013 07:22 - 24 Apr 2013 07:24 #47510 by KevinM

There is no point in changing investments: the hurdle is not the single MPA to put them in play, it is the multiple MPAs to use them.

On the contrary, it'd work *perfectly* for Investments, because they could be put into play and then 1 counter removed from them RIGHT AWAY.

Short Term Investment would be, essentially, free.
Protracted Investment would cost 50% less.
etc.

Then they could just sit there until a turn came around when you didn't have a Master, and you could gain 1 blood.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Investments were MEANT to be played that way, but Trifle just didn't exist yet.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 24 Apr 2013 07:24 by KevinM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds