file Tier 1 deck archetypes

14 Jun 2013 15:42 #49813 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes
If you really want to put this beyond the realm of personal opinion, how about going to the effort of categorizing every TWD in the last year or whatever (since publication stopped might be interesting) and assigning each deck points equal to how many players in the event?

Total the points and see what happens.

May not be as illuminating as hoped but it would likely be surprising.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2013 15:45 #49814 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes

For example, being able to banish it ain't that hard, and being able to mostly survive its combat package is not that hard either, even if a small bit more difficult than sticking 5 majesty and calling it a day.

This can apply to Shalmath but not so much to Enkidu. I mean, how do you survive 18+ Psyche! without ruining your deck?

More
14 Jun 2013 15:50 #49815 by Suoli

How in the high heavens is a superstar multi-act RUSH deck even remotely close to tier1? Weenie rush kills vampires as well as multi-rush, except that it can actually afford to lose minions, doesn't rely on a perfect card sequence to keep going and can actually bleed for more than 1 as well.

Enkidu rush with Earth Meld/Phyche is cute, somewhat of a novalty to play at the kitchen table occasionally, but it's tier 3 at most.

If Enkidu multirush decks are tearing up your metagame, then either you all play terrible decks, or are all terrible players. Or both.

I don't think you really have a strong grasp on how Enkidu Meld/Psyche! flows when played correctly.

More
14 Jun 2013 15:55 #49816 by Lemminkäinen

How in the high heavens is a superstar multi-act RUSH deck even remotely close to tier1? Weenie rush kills vampires as well as multi-rush, except that it can actually afford to lose minions, doesn't rely on a perfect card sequence to keep going and can actually bleed for more than 1 as well.

Enkidu rush with Earth Meld/Phyche is cute, somewhat of a novalty to play at the kitchen table occasionally, but it's tier 3 at most.

Spoken like someone who has never faced even a half-way decent version of the archetype.

If Enkidu multirush decks are tearing up your metagame, then either you all play terrible decks, or are all terrible players. Or both.

Could be. French nationals, for example, are usually full of both terrible players and terrible decks.

More
14 Jun 2013 16:08 #49817 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes

I don't think you really have a strong grasp on how Enkidu Meld/Psyche! flows when played correctly.

You mean, I don't have a strong grasp on how the deck plays when it flows correctly. Which I actually have.

In which case it's pretty alright, but that's when the stars align and you draw the right cards in the right order. Still nowhere near tier 1, but whatever suits you.

More
14 Jun 2013 16:22 #49818 by Suoli

You mean, I don't have a strong grasp on how the deck plays when it flows correctly. Which I actually have.

No, what I meant was that I don't think you understand how the deck works. Because you make it sound like it doesn't, and it does. Nothing to do with star alignments or luck, the probabilities are in favor of it working. I've seen it myself over multiple tournaments.

It is, of course, entirely possible that you're talking about some kind of a variant - it's easy to ruin the deck by making some changes that might not immediately look bad.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds