file Tier 1 deck archetypes

20 Jun 2013 08:43 - 20 Jun 2013 08:46 #50087 by Boris The Blade

What does Black Hand Lasombra do and what does it look like?

You basic stealth bleed/nocturn, with extra black hand untap and Art of Memory thanks to Banjoko, Emeneguildo and Henri Lavenant.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 08:46 by Boris The Blade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2013 08:57 #50088 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes
I also have seen versions with Appius Corvius, Saul Meira, and Ermeguildo. Bigger vampire but better abilities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
20 Jun 2013 13:05 #50112 by ReverendRevolver

I also have seen versions with Appius Corvius, Saul Meira, and Ermeguildo. Bigger vampire but better abilities.

Side note: my predator in the second round of LCQ @origins was playing nocturns with Corvus. He cogged corvus. He had corvus stoles with form of corruption. And still won the table........

But yea, meta doesnt stop evolving. Winning a tourney with something unexpected doesnt normally start a meta shift, with the exception of when folks freaked out over turbo parity shift a few years back, but that still wasnt a big lasting thing.

But seeing deckw that do persistantly well in toutneys and having lists of finalists decks would help in research for this topic. Alot.

More
09 Jul 2013 15:09 #51145 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes
Maybe somebody posted this in this thread, but I don't recall seeing it.

I highly recommend reading this blog post from the TTC Master: ttcmaster.blogspot.com/2009/11/ave.html . Don't overlook the comments to the post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
10 Jul 2013 01:11 #51212 by ReverendRevolver
Oh, hindsight.........

'09. Girls decks have potential.........

'13. Girls decks get cards banned......

I still feel that a tier 1 mainstay is !ventrue grinders, chiefly Hugh's stickmen. I think he was winning with them when this blog wqs out, but its hard to deny how versatile the decks are. Carna i havent seen in a year or so, outside of Loughman playing it maybe in casual games. And i seriously havent seen weenie aus in ages, or at least heard anything about it.

I hate tupdogs, and hate that they are they only good gargoyle decks, but the fact is Darby is good at playing tupdogs. He can win finals with them, and has.

That sort of combat, where you leave a flaming crater where your preys ready region was situated when the game started, takes skill to win with. Alot of it. Darby is tactically inclined to be sucessful with said deck. Others, not so much. I recall turning tupdogs into a wreck of spent !tremere and gargoyles with ease while playing Akunanse no secrets combat.

Its all incredibly reliantcon the players with combat, and i can tell easily which combat decks ive played wrong by the time im half way into tourney

More
28 Aug 2013 10:02 #53678 by TapeTaChatte
Yep, stuff changes, as we all do, right?

ttcmaster.blogspot.com/2013

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Pendargon

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds