file Tier 1 deck archetypes

16 Jun 2013 14:25 #49871 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes

Anyway, the point of tiers is to establish the current metagame. I don't believe tiers are really all that meaningful to this game precisely because there aren't clear 2-4 best decks at any given time.

Identifying and analyzing high level decks that consistently do well is meaningful. Call it top 100 deck types if that makes more sense than tiers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2013 14:38 #49872 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes

Anyway, the point of tiers is to establish the current metagame. I don't believe tiers are really all that meaningful to this game precisely because there aren't clear 2-4 best decks at any given time.

Identifying and analyzing high level decks that consistently do well is meaningful. Call it top 100 deck types if that makes more sense than tiers.

If you want to make a top 100 without going into the specifics of the decklists, you will have to put even my very famous nana brutal influence and ceze no secret which have probably 5 VP and a GW beetween them...

Oh wait, they are allready listed. My mistake...

More
16 Jun 2013 14:52 #49873 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes

If you want to make a top 100 without going into the specifics of the decklists, you will have to put even my very famous nana brutal influence and ceze no secret which have probably 5 VP and a GW beetween them...

Oh wait, they are allready listed. My mistake...

You're right, dividing decks into tiers instead of just listing them is much more useful. Except the concept of tiers might cause confusion for those who use it as defined in Mt:G lingo.

More
16 Jun 2013 19:27 #49886 by TorranceCircle
For me, the teir a deck sits on is a more personal thing:

Tier 1: Decks I am willing to lose with in a tournament.

Tier 2: Decks I am willing to lose with in a casual game.

Tier 3: Decks I wish I had never pulled cards for in the first place!

:silly:

More
16 Jun 2013 20:28 #49891 by ReverendRevolver

What are the current tier 1 decks?

Master decks
Girls deck
Nana Animalism
Anson

Vote decks
AAA
New Brujah Royalty

Combat superstar decks
Shalmath with Decapitate
Enkidu with Earth Meld and Psyche! for multirush
Una and variants

Walls
Weenie Auspex

Bleed decks
Vignes
Kiasyd
Weenie Dementation

Ally decks
Warghouls
Shamblers
Nephandi
Nocturns

Block, bleed and endure
!Ventrue/Tremere Grinder
Euro Brujah
Imbued

19 Decks.

And then there's quite a few who have either been left in the dust a wee bit or haven't quite found their final form and potential.

Bubbling Under
IC Flurry
Arika
Giovanni Powerbleed
Malk94
Unnamed
New Tremere
Turbo Nergal
Daughter Vote
Tzimisce Wall
Weenie Presence

Naturally all of this is just my opinion and experience and I left out on purpose a couple that I consider extremely powerful but which haven't really stabilized into the global consciousness quite yet (Serenna and Anu, for example).

That said, I'm quite sure that I'm missing a whole lot. Which ones? And are there unworthies in the lot?

This thread seems to have diviated a number of times.

This list seems innaccurate. In light of the naqualifiers, won, and nac seeing an assload of us players, and a nice snapshot of the rest of the world as well, i think we have a vague idea of hoe the meta looks.
Emphasis on vague though, because games 1 and 2 of day one of the nac, i had Fatima assault rifle combat decks as my prey. Im pretty sure thats not the new trend, just weird coincidence.

Anyway, Tupdogs are still a "thing" including a new nephandi dog variant. G2 powerbleed is also very much still a common thing for big tourneys, so nobody should be shocked to be staring down le din tho this year.

Why oh why is ventrue lawfirm not listed with votes? I saw several variants of those decks over the last week.

Nocturns are of course still popular, but i dont think lasombra who vote are. Black hand lasombra is popular though.

To formulate a realistic list of tiers and decks, finals lists would help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
20 Jun 2013 08:14 #50086 by Lemminkäinen

Anyway, Tupdogs are still a "thing" including a new nephandi dog variant. G2 powerbleed is also very much still a common thing for big tourneys, so nobody should be shocked to be staring down le din tho this year.

Why oh why is ventrue lawfirm not listed with votes? I saw several variants of those decks over the last week.

Aye, I'll add those two.

Nocturns are of course still popular, but i dont think lasombra who vote are. Black hand lasombra is popular though.

What does Black Hand Lasombra do and what does it look like?

To formulate a realistic list of tiers and decks, finals lists would help.

I agree. In my latest final, my deck certainly wasn't the best around the table. There were two better decks, but they were deemed too dangerous and got ganged up on.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds