file French National Championship - About Reversale of Fortune and Madness Network

23 Sep 2013 03:23 #54286 by Vlad
No more banned cards because of one deck 'who didn't even win the finals)... please...

He clearly played to lose... but he tried to have fun...

It looks like all the whiners on google groups that got PTO banned !!!!

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2013 03:24 #54287 by Vlad
(Nothing against Ankha / Vincent)

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
23 Sep 2013 04:20 #54289 by derjudge
What about...

Reversal of Fortunes
Type: Political Action
If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. The direction of play is reversed. Prey is still to the left, however. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action. Only one Reversal of Fortunes can be played during a game.

?

More
23 Sep 2013 04:34 - 23 Sep 2013 04:35 #54290 by Ankha
@ReverendRevolver: it's not about power, it's about game balance. The reference to Time Walk is pretty close. Being able to play even if crushed is not the same thing as having no turn (litterarily) to play.

No more banned cards because of one deck 'who didn't even win the finals)... please...

He clearly played to lose... but he tried to have fun...

Playing a deck that says: "Three people on this table won't play the game (litterarily)" is not acceptable because it denies play. I was there to play. I didn't play. I don't play V:TES to sit at a table and not play any turn. And there's the King Making aspect also:

On the three rounds:
R1: the Madness Reversal deck dealt a loosing 3-2 with his prey. His prey agreed and the game ended like that.
R2: same thing. Three players didn't play.
R3: there was apparently some deal, but the Madness Reversal made the GW and entered final.

In final, this kind of deck can't deal anymore so it really depends on seating and luck ("Do I draw Madness Network in my opening hand. If yes, I win. Otherwise, I've lost")

What about...

Reversal of Fortunes
If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. The direction of play is reversed. Prey is still to the left, however. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action. Only one Reversal of Fortunes can be played during a game.

?

It won't change anything as the players don't have any turn to call that vote. The only person that could is the person the Madness Reversal deck has dealt with, so he will likely not call the vote. Even if he does, he'll probably have less votes that the Malkavian (otherwise the vote wouldn't have been successful in the first place).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 23 Sep 2013 04:35 by Ankha.

More
23 Sep 2013 06:49 #54292 by jamesatzephyr

What about...

Reversal of Fortunes

?

It won't change anything as the players don't have any turn to call that vote.

Given that it's playable only once per game, yes, the player(s) will get a turn shortly. Now yes, you could go A, B, C, D (reversal), C, B, A (out-of-turn burn reversal), B, C, D, E, but D only gets two turns preying on E, which is hardly the worst thing on earth.

More
23 Sep 2013 07:32 #54293 by Ankha
I missed the last sentence. So yes, it would be acceptable.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds