file SCE

20 May 2018 20:44 #87207 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic SCE

I'm not sure what is going on here, but I just want to say that in my mind, strike:combat ends are fine as is.

Actually never in this topic I'm suggesting to do anything with SCE. But somehow everybody are trying to convince me not to change them, as if I have any power to do it. :P

Which seems to be self defeating argument - if emotions so overwhelm the person, that he can't read and understand half a page of text, than maybe his position is not a rational one.

The point of this topic is just some effort, I think already successful, to restore thought process behind invention of this mechanic.

What to do with this knowledge is completely other question. It seems to me, that not only in Russian schools history was taught badly, if nobody understand why it's needed and how it should be used. ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2018 09:36 #87216 by elotar
PPPS: I think, I know what fatties was in this managers deck:

Anneke
Masika
Andreas
Anson

Much more powerful and coherent group than any other high caps in the set.

;)

I also see, that "story of primogens downfall" became to unravel. But this one later. :lol:

More
21 May 2018 12:04 #87223 by Malachy
Replied by Malachy on topic SCE

Actually never in this topic I'm suggesting to do anything with SCE. But somehow everybody are trying to convince me not to change them, as if I have any power to do it.

You're just suggesting the mechanic should be changed (multiple times and thank god you can't change any of this you mentioned, by yourself). English is not my native tongue, but I chewed myself through your wall of texts to find out your motives, yet you cannot answer one simple question, presented in the most polite way :)

On top of that, somehow my reaction was labeled as "religious belief". I'm opposed to your agenda not because of anything you falsely interpreted towards my beliefs, but because out of the 14 years experience I have been actively playing this game (comeptitvely also) I've never felt changing what you are suggesting we should. Of course that doesn't mean I am right and you are wrong, it just means your yelping might be an overexaggerated conjunction, and I feel somewhat staggered that my totally good willing and mannered post just got labeled as "religious belief" when I believe my argument was sound. It also suggests you instantly branded me of being a bigoted, insensible person just because I didn't feel to counteract your "logical and rational"(talking about churchy belief) argument. It's condescending. Don't be condescending to protect your credibility and maintain your air of patronage.

NC of Hungary

///

More
21 May 2018 12:24 #87225 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic SCE

Stuff

To be fair, I don't think it's really worth your time trying to defend yourself too much.

I'm simply astounded by the amount of hostility the OP conjures up in and from his posts. I really don't get where it's coming from.

I've already lost my hopes in any reasonable and productively argumentative discussion with... some members of these forums.

It's not you. Keep up the good work though.

To be fair, I still don't get what the point of this thread was supposed to be from the start... :unsure: Was there a point?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
21 May 2018 12:33 #87226 by elotar

Actually never in this topic I'm suggesting to do anything with SCE.

You're just suggesting the mechanic should be changed...

Friend, when on my comment, that I'm not suggesting changes to SCE you are replying NO, YOU ARE SUGGESTING IT! And then continue with an wall of text with some nonsense about why it should not be done, then sorry, I can't help to not see, that some of your religious beliefs are some how on the line.

I can confess, I got religion believes too. One of the main tenets of it is that there are reason for the things happening. So I've tried to find how SCE was developed. I think quite successfully - no other plausible suggestions was provided even if I've said countless times that l'm open to them.

It just happened, that SCE was a result of sequence of actions of pressed by time (and, maybe, something else) not qualified people. There are nothing to be emotional about.

But now the time has passed, game has changed and we can't return back in time and fix it. But this knowledge is useful in other way, for me, for example, it gave a valuable insight into why collective efforts to streamline combat structure are not working and how it should be approached.

More
21 May 2018 12:43 #87228 by elotar

To be fair, I still don't get what the point of this thread was supposed to be from the start...

Obviously to get your extremely valuable comments!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds