file SCE

21 May 2018 18:26 - 21 May 2018 18:48 #87244 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic SCE
“The twilight of the Jyhad™ project was very painful. We always knew it was going to be, and I only agreed to a Gencon release with the understanding that there would be many all-night sessions editing and laying-out cards and rules.

“There were nights when at about 3 a.m. I would wander away from those doing editing to hide and play computer games, unable to concentrate any longer on cardlists. Occasionally the others, needing my input, would page the entire building to find me.
I would page back, "What?' as I was unwilling to yield my position.
A page would come, "If you play two Ordeals on a Gangrel should their hand damage go up to 4?"
I would page back, "No — you don't get +1 hand damage, you get 2 hand damage period.""

And this was also #fixed.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 21 May 2018 18:48 by elotar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2018 18:40 #87247 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic SCE

And this was also #fixed by #retards.

hey man, i realize that you're from Russia and English isnt your first language, but the word 'retard' is generally considered an offensive slur against disabled people. It would be very cool of you if you could not use it, and I, for one would greatly appreciate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist, kschaefer

More
21 May 2018 18:55 - 21 May 2018 18:56 #87249 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic SCE

It would be very cool of you if you could not use it, and I, for one would greatly appreciate it.[/i]

Sorry, meant no offense to anybody, not involved with SCE design.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 21 May 2018 18:56 by elotar.

More
21 May 2018 19:08 #87250 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic SCE

...we are discussing pieces of cardboard with pretty pictures on them, yet somehow these things are directly related to the suffering of the world. Haha!

Dude, if it's not serious, than you won't mind, if SCE will be removed from the game?

Not at all. If the people that currently own the game remove S:CE, then so be it. If I don't like it, I don't have to play the game.

More
21 May 2018 19:20 #87252 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic SCE

It would be very cool of you if you could not use it, and I, for one would greatly appreciate it.[/i]

Sorry, meant no offense to anybody, not involved with SCE design.

I'm less concerned with the use of the word, and more with the assumptions behind it. Everyone involved with this game should be assumed to trying to make the best choices possible. No one's judgement is perfect, but we should give the designers/developers the benefit of the doubt - assume they're making calls with good intentions in mind. :side:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
21 May 2018 19:29 #87253 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic SCE
Yeah, see, the original poster's main point is that whoever was originally involved mismanaged the game, and that's why it's not popular. A more plausible explanation of why VTES is not marketable, in my mind, is because it's just not a game that appeals to a mass audience.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds