exclamation-circle Guardians of the Faith, a PDF VTES Set by PCK

09 Sep 2012 16:44 #36327 by brandonsantacruz

Who can say how much ground a copywrite has if PCK were to contest something with VEKN? I dont' think either party has enough pool to contest.

You're right that VEKN isn't exactly sitting on a pile of cash. All it would take to affect the development of a set with similar cards by VEKN (possibly "derivative", possibly with a profit to the publisher, both explicitly prohibited by the copyright PCK are claiming) and a vindictive person or three to trigger a legal fight that VEKN can't afford. As I see it, the threat is big enough to screw things up for us.

PCK, the Dino M. Zaffina of VTES. PCK, please tell me how I'm wrong.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2012 17:15 #36334 by Ashur
Publishing this is both annoying and embarrasing. I feel pissed on.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randy

More
09 Sep 2012 17:25 - 09 Sep 2012 17:25 #36337 by johannes

You're right that VEKN isn't exactly sitting on a pile of cash.

The VEKN has no funds at all. Zero dollars. Everything the VEKN does is done by volunteers and all costs are soaked by them or material is donated by 3rd parties.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2012 17:25 by johannes.

More
09 Sep 2012 17:32 - 09 Sep 2012 17:33 #36338 by Suoli

In order to both maintain the integrity of our work and protect our intellectual property and that of others, we are asserting creative control of our work through the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

You're trying to make it harder to republish V:TES because of a personal dispute. That's a dick move.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2012 17:33 by Suoli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ke., Agamemnon

More
09 Sep 2012 18:17 - 09 Sep 2012 18:28 #36341 by Boris The Blade

PCK, the Dino M. Zaffina of VTES. PCK, please tell me how I'm wrong.

Luckily their nuisance capacity is much lower. If a new publisher wants to stay on the safe side, he just has to bin the few cards of Danse Macabre that could be contested (remember, this all started because most of the PCK cards were removed in the first place, so there cannot be that much overlap). Nothing that cannot be replaced, and that's not where the real money is anyway compared to reprinting Keepers of Tradition or the bloodlines expansions.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2012 18:28 by Boris The Blade.

More
09 Sep 2012 20:09 #36353 by Cyrus
Where's the nuisance anyway? The cards in the set have been designened and they've been sent to playtesting. It can clearly be established that the VEKN set was completed before the release of this set.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds