file less is more... ?

13 Sep 2012 18:23 #36715 by porphyrion
less is more... ? was created by porphyrion
hi,
looking at the way 'Villein' was given new card text (adding a single "you"), i was wondering what the least intrusive errata would be to existing cards that could upgrade bland *wallpaper* to *usable* status (at the moment (most GR1 9-10-caps spring to mind first, but also a lot of allies from early sets like the pre-Carlton 'Arcanum Investigator', eyes of the dead etc etc etc). could we not change their card text with *an absolute minimum* of effort (card change) to make them at the very least playable? fixing eyes of the dead by adding one word will probably not be easy but feel free to try ;-)

eg. some GR1 vampires could get an erratum saying they also belong to GR6 or even GR5. this is a minimal erratum that perhaps could make an important difference in some cases (perhaps Thomas Thorne, Anvil and some others that are rarely played apply). the reason i think this is an especially interesting road to explore is that these errata are dealt with most solely while building -and not while playing- the deck.

Villein
Master: trifle.
Put this card on a vampire you control and move 2 or more blood from that vampire to your pool. Minion Tap cards cost *YOU* an additional pool. Villein costs an additional pool to play on this vampire.

what are other cards or instances you think of that could be errata'd in such a minimalistic fashion that could have a minor positive impact on the game and its possibilities?

i'm well aware that this topic has no doubt sprung up in some form many times before, but perhaps there are still unexplored paths here (as there almost invariably are in vtes).

-anyway, thanks for you thoughts!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 18:33 - 13 Sep 2012 18:34 #36718 by ReverendRevolver
I made a whole cycle of advanced versions of cards like appolonious that make them playable.

but closer to your idea, mythic form costing two and preventing agg , stone dog costing three pool, or adding a burn option to becomming of ennoia ( oops,its still unplayable) would work.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 18:34 by ReverendRevolver.

More
13 Sep 2012 18:39 #36720 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: less is more... ?
Bigcap vampire gr1 would be as much played in gr5 or 6 as in gr1. Most of them just plain suck and need additional discipline or special ability.

I love the general idea, but it's often very difficult to do. I have tried with vissicitude card (Liquefy the mortal coil and Body Arsenal) but nothing more sympathic than reducing blood cost by one sprang to mind.

More
13 Sep 2012 19:13 - 13 Sep 2012 19:15 #36728 by TorranceCircle
Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario

Master
4 pool .....3 pool
Master: unique location. Hunting ground.
During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control. Any other Methuselah may give you a pool during his or her untap phase to tap this card to move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire he or she controls. A vampire can gain blood from only one hunting ground card each turn.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 19:15 by TorranceCircle.

More
13 Sep 2012 19:20 #36729 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: less is more... ?
Eyes of the dead...

nec - bla bla bla... + 1 intercept... if u sucessefuly block burn the opposing minion...

NEC - same stuff.. +2 intercept... burn the other guy and your torporized minion goes to ready region...

Even so its still a wasted slot...

More
13 Sep 2012 20:21 #36731 by derjudge
Replied by derjudge on topic Re: less is more... ?
Becoming of Ennoia
Type: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until your next discard phase.
Requires at least two other Gehenna cards controlled by other Methuselahs in play. During each Methuselah's untap phase, he or she chooses a ready vampire he or she controls. The chosen vampire takes 1 unpreventable damage. Earth Meld cards cost 2 additional blood.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds